Saturday, December 19, 2009

One Year Older..

..and wiser too! Happy Birthday! To you!
Today my dear old Dad (did you catch that I called him old.. oops!) is celebrating his 67th Birthday. I wish I was there to wish him a happy happy birthday in person. But I am far, far, far away so I called him really, really, really, really early instead. I figured I could beat all of my siblings to the punch since I get up earlier than they do. Or at least I should.

I am grateful for my Dad and the wonderful blessing he is my life. My kids think he is a pretty fun Grandpa. He even will play Wii with them, and is pretty good at Wake boarding on Wii Sports Resort. He has the best sound effects. He might not know it, but he has one for most everything. And my kids know that Grandpa always has time for a hug, a five, a story, for them.

I am grateful for the strong testimony in the Gospel of Jesus Christ he has. And for sharing it with us many times. I am blessed to have wonderful parents for examples. I am grateful for all he has been through in his life, for his wisdom and his love.

My Dad. He can water ski. He can build anything. Fix anything. Make anything. He is strong. Like really really strong. He is funny. And caring. He is brave. Courageous. He is my Dad.

Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Lei said...

You're lucky to have him. Love the picture!