My kids want a place to call home, and they are so over moving. I want a place to call home and put down roots. I blame my parents and Randy's that we move so often. For the first 15 1/2 years of my life I lived in the same house, in the same bedroom and my life was constant. And then we moved. And I haven't stayed in the same place for more than 2 years. If you do the math, the first HALF of my life I lived in the same place, same bedroom, same everything. The second HALF of my life I have moved every other year, if not more often. See my parents uprooted me and now I can't stay put. Their fault, not mine. Randy grew up Navy, enough said. There is something inside of me that wants to give my kids a home. They want it. I want it. Randy wants it. We are ready. At least I think we are.
It is hard to believe that in 10 days my Indiana journey will be over. That my kids and I will be leaving this state, and honestly I never ever plan to step foot in this Allergy ____ again. (Fill in the blank!) Love the people, hate that allergies. Love the area, hate the allergies. It's not the state it's the air quality and all this darn green stuff everywhere. Seriously, I am so over green. Wait I derailed my thought track. I don't feel ready to leave. The hardest thing for me is leaving behind my friends. Thankfully this wonderful thing called the Internet was invented and we can keep in touch. But I will miss running over to Emily's almost every morning in my morning garb of NYPD sweatshirt, or WSU if we are really snazzy, some random pair of pajama pants that may or may not match, my hair standing on end, mascara smeared on my face, a down coat on and my CUggs (Costco Uggs). I will miss chatting with Jena and Emily and their surprise when I am actually ready in the morning. Thankfully they love me no matter how crazy I look in the mornings, really I could be on the people of Wal-Mart. I will miss my many, many, many friends from Church. I could name them, but I would leave someone out, and then they would think I didn't like them. And well, that's mean. But I am realizing it is going to be so hard to see everyone. And I really want to.
Ten days. That sounds so short. Am I ready? No. But yes. Breathing normally again. I can't wait! I was at the mall today, and had to go to the bathroom super bad, and I couldn't find one. I finally found a map, and stared it until I found the YOU ARE HERE sticker. And I saw where the bathroom was, Macy's, I could totally walk there. So I walked, and I didn't talk on the phone or to anyone, (that takes a lot of air when you are running on 50% in case you were wondering) but by the time I walked to Macy's and found the bathroom I could hardly catch my breath and I was wheezing horribly. I wish I could say this wasn't normal. But it is. I used my inhaler and decided before I made that L-O-N-G (read really not long, pathetically short) walk again I would shop to let my lungs rest a little bit. It helped I came out of there with a new shirt and I walked even slower out of the store through the mall and to my car. I won't miss that. I am ready to breathe. But I am not ready to say good-bye.



3 comments:
I'm not ready to say goodbye either. But remember that I'll be hiding in the back of the van! MWAH ha ha ha ha!!!!! Call me tomorrow!!! We're goin' out!!!
Can't wait to see you again! Happy packing...
So happy and sad at the same time!
Post a Comment