In thirteen days my children and I are packing up the van with clothes, favorite toys and the dogs and driving cross country. We are leaving Indiana. We are going back to Washington State. Randy will drive with us, and then fly back until we can figure out where he will transfer to. But Indiana and I don't get along to well. It tries to kill me and my body is fighting back.. but the fight is getting much harder and more than I can always do. My lungs are tired. My body is tired and my heart hurts that I am leaving my best friend here while I go to safety. But breathing is important. And we are doing what we have to do right now. Hard choices.
We have a whole lot of unknown. I am grateful for my parents welcoming us to their home. And grateful for many more family members and friends who will welcome us too. We don't have a lot of answers and all of the details right now. But we know that we are doing what we are supposed to be.
Today I have boxed up toys and things that aren't necessary right now. We have cleaned and organized. Replaced light fixtures and changed out faucets. Our home is for sale. And we have no idea where our next home will be. I am filled with so many mixed emotions. I have fantastic friends who I love dearly here. And the thought of moving far away makes me sad. But I know it is right.
We are leaping. We are taking a huge leap of faith and trusting in our Heavenly Father that He will help us land safely. My heart is filled with many emotions. I have fought back tears today realizing what is really happening in our life. And I have been blessed with the most amazing peace ever. We know this is right. But what is right isn't always easy. We have faith that the Lord will bless us as we trust in Him. And we are praying daily for the right plan to work out. We're leaping. A big giant leap.



13 comments:
I'm so sad, LEE LEE! I've decided that should be my new nickname for you. I TOTALLY am behind you guys a hundred and ten percent. I will miss you like crazy and my life here won't be the same without you. I'm bummed. But I will do whatever you need me to because I love ya and think the world of ya! YOU ROCK!!!!
Oh, wow! We're leaping together! Go Lee, go! It'll be great!
What a hard decision but it will all work out. We will be praying for you guys--and praying even harder that you land in Utah. ( :
i hope the "leap" goes well and you all arrive safely and allergy free!
i guess thats one benefit of living in the deseret!
keep us posted.
You know you are so doing the right thing. It will end up being GREAT! We will miss you so much!
Lots of love coming your way!
You are a brave girl. You did everything you could....I am sorry it was so hard, but I am thrilled you are heading this way...even if it might be temporary.
I don't envy you. Now I know just how hard that is, and I'm sorry.
But I am so excited to see you, especially now that I'm here. I need you, so I'm really glad you need to be here!
yea, yea, yea!! A dream come true! So glad you'll be 'home'! hurry up!
We will really miss you here, but yes, "breathing is important," so we'll say a prayer that everything works out so Randy can get back to you and the kids quickly!
Wow, you have a lot on your plate right now. I hope that all goes smoothly with the move and that the transition is easy for you, your children, and Randy.
Here's to good health :)
(I bet your mom is thrilled to have you coming home!)
okay, you guys need to get in one more Pacers game before you go and we a family picture taken before you leave. Not a full blown shoot - just a picture or two.
Also, I'll give you $10 for Dallin's Danny Granger jersey. Actually, since WA doesn't have a basketball team maybe he should keep it. We will be good in two years - mark my words. If not, we are going to be living in a box under a bridge downtown.
You two are some of the best "leapers" I know. You always look forward with faith, even if you're unsure what the outcome will be. You're great examples to us!
Plus, is it a bit selfish of me that I'm really glad that you're heading back this way! (even if it's only for a little while) You, Tiffany and I need to get together for lunch once you're back and feeling a bit more settled!
Post a Comment