Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Aracnaphobia

Aracnaphobia, I have it, and I have it really bad. Last night after making sure all the doors were locked before going to bed, I also made sure each drain in my house was plugged with their stopper. Why would I do something like this? Yesterday morning I went into my bathroom to find a BIG UGLY spider in my sink. I am talking really big, it seriously freaked me out. I turned on the water got a cup and got it to wash down the sink. It was a tough spider and did not want to go. I turned it on hot and let it run for about five minutes. You would think he was gone right?
Nope, about thirty minutes later I go back in there and see the spider coming out of my drain.. I freak. I am screaming and seriously freaking over this. How can this be happening? How did he live? So I turn the hot water on again and get him to go back down, and then I see this little piece of web on the side of the sink and it is going down the drain so I get rid of that, maybe that is how he got back up? I leave the hot water on for thirty plus minutes, assuming that had to kill him or at least flush him out of my house right? Then I plug my drain. It is still plugged, and I am not sure when I will leave it unplugged. I unplug it to brush my teeth wash my hands or anything that I need to do, but I plug it right back up before I do anything else.
Last night I knew I had to make sure every drain was plugged in my house, so way was creepy spider coming back again through the pipes! Maybe I will start to feel better in a few days, but as for now, the drains are staying plugged, gotta protect myself!!

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh man do I hate spiders. You have me the heebies just reading this post!

lackrik said...

Gross!

Just the other day I found one crawling around the family. It was huge! I just got a bowl and put it over it and left it there for dh to deal with when he got home. blecht!

emlouisa said...

Ew! I hate All Things Creeping. I had an interesting experience with something last night that you have just inspired me to blog about. Thanks! :)

MusicalMom said...

Yuck! A small (but jumping) one flew out of my blinds at me this morning! Fortunately dh was still home and I hollared at him, "Kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it!"

So he did. :)

Lei said...

Oh my, I have the heebie jeebies just reading that! I am a fellow arachnophobe!

Elozia Marie said...

Ewww ~ I've got icky goosebumps from reading that! Die spider, die!

Lee said...

I kept having visuals from the movie Aracnaphobia, like in the shower.. my drains are still plugged.. lol!