Monday, May 22, 2006

My Life Monday-My Name


Week 3 - My parents named me __________ because . . .

When I was born my parents still weren't sure what to name me when I was born. They had been thinking of Kay Lousie, I am personally glad they didn't go with that choice. Then about Durenda Louise. Another one I am grateful they didn't name me, not that I don't like the names, but they just aren't me, if you get what I m saying.
Finally my Grandpa who was named Lee, said why don't you just name her Lee Ann and get it over with. So they did.
My parents did it as two words, spelled the totally normal way, not added letters or anything and you would think people could get it right. They don't. I am either LeAnne, LeeAnne, LeAnn, LeighAne, and the list goes on. Or I am Mr. Lee ...... Yes I get called Mr. A lot by people who don not know me.
When I turned 18 I got letters saying I needed to sign up for the draft. Umm hello, yes I know my first name is Lee, but I am a girl, come and get me if you want, I am not signing up. It totally cracks me up. For those of you wondering what I go by, it depends on who is talking to me. I tend to answer to both. I am told my Dad would have never put a space between it if he had known people would call me Lee, but personally I like it. I loved my Grandpa and I am honored to share the best first name in the world with him.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

My friend is named Randie and got all those draft letters too. It seems like no matter what the name, people get it wrong with spelling it. Thanks for participating!

Blackeyedsue said...

I like Lee. Short, sweet and to the point.

Dawnyel said...

To be named after your grandpa is a sweet thing!

Missy said...

I love how your name is connected to someone you love regardless gender! Besides Lee is quite sassy for a girls name. I like it!