Tuesday, January 09, 2007

English Please.

I hate calling the 1-800-blahblah numbers for Customer Service. Seriously.

You either get the thing where you have to push buttons a million times, they ask you to verify your account number every step of the way. Or you get the automated service where they can't ever understand me. Maybe they can other people, but I think I talk to fast. So then I slow down and they still don't get it. By then I am so irritated I am yelling at the automated thing, often wondering is there someone there laughing at me?? Because I would be. So then I just start pushing every button until I get a REAL LIVE PERSON!! And then guess what? They can barely speak English, and I get to verify my account number again and each of the 5 times I say it they get it wrong, and it is no where near close! The sixth time, thankfully they got it.

All I wanted to do was change my address. After verifying my name and account number they asked what I needed and the lady said, oh I need your account number and name to verify. Umm.. hello, did you not just participate in this ever annoying converstation where it took every ounce of my being to not tell you that you need to get me someone who speaks english. Not only can you not understand me, I cannot understand you. It is a serious communication barrier.

I have no issue with people not speaking my language, but why would you hire someone to speak to English speaking people when they are barely managing to say any of it themself? Heck I am not going to go apply for a Spanish speaking job, yeah I took Spanish in High School.. but dude.. I suck at it. I am sure they would be yelling all sorts of profanities at me.

I think I need to pray for patience.. it isn't just that they couldn't understand me, or that I couldn't understand them, it is all the automated crap I had to get through just to have them ask me the same thing over. Seriously I think they want us to all get so frusterated we hang up on them, or we go postal.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Yah, that seriously bugs. I hate making phone calls to places for that reason.