Friday, January 05, 2007

Wish You Were Here!!

What a great week, I can't believe it is already FRIDAY! It has flown by! Even with Randy returning to work, and going out of town. I got to spend sometime with my friends this week! Are you all ready to be jealous? First Misty, of My Inner Aria and her family helped us to ring in the new year. It was great. If you haven't met Misty, you really should! Not only is she a great photographer, she is just all around fun! I seriously enjoy just getting a chance to hang out and chat with her. And her kids are great! We enjoyed staying up until after 2AM and eating some good food. How was that cheesecake?? My husband renamed hers Tiger Monkey, so that is how he is referred to in our house now. We are trying to start a trend. They went home on New Year's but we sure enjoyed their company!

Monday night Little Man was puking and I feared my fun might be over for the week. Real life was back and if we were sick it would put a damper on all of my plans. Thankfully my prayers were answered and we were on track for a fun week. Randy flew to Boise on Wednesday and Alicia of Growing Spuds--No Small Potatoes and Emily of Emlouisa and their kids came to my house, and just left today! We had a chance to party! While Randy was gone there were 9 of us here.. then he came home and 10, so a houseful! If you get a chance to meet these girls do it! We laughed and laughed.. they saw me do a cartwheel/round off, heck Emily I need to post that on my blog.. she has it on video. We did a little lemon/lime dance for Alicia while she was on the phone. Use your imagination people! The poor girls though, their kids weren't too fond of the idea of sleeping at my house. They thought it was better to just take naps at my house and get up at 4AM. YIKES! Poor Emily.. she was so tired!! Hopefully they will get some decent rest tonight. We enjoyed some good food if I do say so myself. I think they got some funny pictures. Our kids all got along so great it was wonderful! And their kids are the cutest kids!! I seriously loved it all! It made having my husband gone not bad at all. I was sad to have them leave! I loved every minute of having them here.

I know there is so much more I should share about both of the visits!! But my brain doesn't work that well!!!!

This week was fun! The kids loved the company too and they are sad all of their friends have left. It has definitely made the week fly by. Time to sit back and recover for a few days.. and hopefully I will be able to pay these great ladies an overnight visit sometime in the new future! We'll see who all I can load up in my van!

3 comments:

smart mama said...

too fun- so jealous- how come no one loads up in a van and comes out here!

Amanda said...

Hi! i found your blog byway of my good friend Allison. I don't know if you've heard of it, but twopeasinabucket.com is an AWESOME photography forum for aspiring photographers. I have learned sooooo much from there. You sound pretty interested and I know that you would love it. If you go - you'll find me under the login name "peawithme".
if you're not interested, I still wish you the best of luck with your photography adventures. It's such a fun and addicting hobby.
~amanda

Dixie Chic said...

How FUN! I can't wait to meet you one of these days!!! :)

I am a TOTAL "get together and party" girl. :)