Thursday, June 21, 2007

Goodbye 3...

Today is Little Miss is 3. The last day she is 3. She will never be 3 again. She is my last 3 year old. Tomorrow she will be 4. I can hardly believe that she is almost 4! How did that happen? Where has the time went? Truthfully, I am a little sad.. a little excited.. a little bit of everything.

I realized the other night in the middle of the night when I do my deep really random totally me thinking, that she has 14 months until she starts Kindergarten. Now I know some people would be jumping up and down. But I am not. I have even contemplated no preschool, which my husband quickly vetoed because he says it will be good for her... (it will right?) I have one year left of having her home and then my kids will both be in school everyday. How did this happen so quickly? I still remember four years ago going the the hospital with my head hurting and having them tell me to lay on my left side, lights off and to not move. My blood pressure was sky rocketing higher and higher and my kidneys were failing slowly. I had gained 15lbs in one week.. I was no a pretty sight. I even had one friend tell me Lee, you look fatter every day. Gee.. thanks. I had no idea what my future would behold.

Little Miss year of 3.. let's look at the highlights.. or read about them.

She finished speech therapy. What a huge accomplishment, and something that I am so incredibly proud of. Seriously proud.

She attended preschool for three months, then because her speech was SO GOOD she got "kicked out" okay she didn't qualify anymore, but the kicked out makes me giggle. What a great accomplishment.

She learned to pump on her swing. All by herself. I am jumping for joy on this one! It just happened a couple of weeks ago, but she will now go outside and swing for HOURS. And she loves it, as long as it is the yellow one!

She can ride a bike.. with training wheels. But I think with some practice those will be off this summer. She doesn't need them too much and seems to balance quite well on the two wheels.

She is now a Sunbeam in Church.. she loves it!

She is my faithful reminder to make sure we have scriptures as a family every night. It is a great example.

She knows her ABC's and 123's! Hooray! What a great feat!

She can spell her name.

These are some of the great things she has learned this year. We are so proud of our Little Miss. She is such a joy, to all she meets. I am excited to see what four brings for her. But I am praying that times slows down. That this year will feel like the last four. That four will be just as great as three.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

My baby will be 4 in October. Most of the time I am excited for her to grow and change and become the intense little person she is turning into. Other times it makes me sad. The little fingers and toes, the little arms wrapped around my neck for cuddles... okay... gotta stop. I'm making myself cry...

Allison said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! And hang in there, Mommy, she'll always be your baby no matter how big she gets!

g said...

That's a really sweet tribute :)

lackrik said...

oh my gosh! Where has the time gone? I can't believe she's 4 already!

Randy said...

today was her B-day, and it was great. she's a big 4 yrold. and she is so much fun. Oh yeah, don't argue with me (even online), she will really do well with preschool!

Kim said...

You're a good mom Lee! I hope the party went well. Happy Birthday little miss!

EarlGirl said...

You're such a perfect mom for your kids. Cool, creative imaginative kids need a mom that can be a kid too.

Jen said...

I know exactly how you feel. My kids are 9 and I can't figure out where the time went! It's sad and happy all at once. Hope she had a great day!

Jen

Lei said...

You sound like a vey lucky mama. :)