Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

My Valentine's started at midnight.. or a few minutes before. Little Miss has been struggling with her tonsils and the recovery. Things have been on the mend, and the nights still had some whimpering, but not nearly as much. Last night (this EARLY AM) I went in to a whimpering girl who had blood coming out of her nose and mouth. Not what I wanted to see. I took her into the bathroom where she proceeded to pull clots out of her mouth and bleed profusely. I threw on my sweatshirt and decided we should go to the ER. Ainslee had to get pink blankie and her white kitty for security and we were off.

We arrived and because she kept spitting blood they got us back into a room quickly, it tends to gross out people in the waiting room when blood is coming out of a little girls nose and mouth. Our Dr came in and checked her out and saw a LARGE clot on the left side. They had her gargle with peroxide and water. (Have you ever tried to get a 4 year old to gargle.. I don't suggest it.) When that didn't work they decided to wrap her in a sheet tightly. She was less than thrilled. Little Miss is like a cat at times. When she is in trouble and being sent to her room she will grab anything and everything and is like a cat being put into water. She was ready to attack anyone trying to get her in the sheet. They were suprised at how fiesty and strong she was.. (she is so MY daughter!) They then tried to suction out the clot, it failed, and resulted in her yarfing blood all over the nurse. It was gross, and I almost lost it myself, I am a sympathy puker.

After this they decided she would be admitted to the hospital and that the ENT would come in the morning and she would probably be sedated by general anesthia and have the clot removed, and things fixed. This was not what I wanted to hear, but I would rather be there if she was going to continue bleeding horribly than at home. Thankfully after we were settled up in Peds the bleeding ceased. I crawled in bed with Little miss and sometime after 5AM I slept for 60-90 minutes, I am not sure.. but it wasn't nearly long enough. Randy and Little Man came up to visit her and then we hung out and watched Playhouse Disney. Finally her Dr came in and decided that we should try suctioning one more time. I pinned her legs, Randy had her head and face, one nurse had the arms, and another had something else??? I don't remember and the dr stuck the tounge depressor in and the suction and after more of the cat like fighting the clot was sucked out. I about bawled though. My baby was screaming, and fighting for all she was worth, I hated to be holding her down, but I knew it was better than being put under. She survived and they let us go home one hour later. Much better than they originally thought. Thank goodness.


I gave Randy a card for Valentine's when we get home, and we are going skiing tomorrow.. or supposed to be going skiing for his present, and he suprised me.. okay not really, but I will pretend he did with a nice new piece of glass. And not just any glass this one! And I am thrilled.

Sadly I am too sleepy to play with it. I need a nice nap and then hopefully I will get to snapping. Happy Valentine's and more your day be less dramatic than mine.

Oh yes and one more thing. Randy is the best Valentine in the world, because he loves me unconditionally. And that says a lot. He is my hero. He is strong and always there for the support I need. He allows me a shoulder to cry on. He is my biggest fan. He is the man of my dreams, and nothing less. He is super sexy. He is the best father any kid could wish for, he is the best person I know. Randy I love you, Randy I do.

10 comments:

tharker said...

What a night. I'm sorry that you guys had such a hard night. I hope you get a very long nap today. I can't wait to see what beauties you capture with that new beauty!

Jennica said...

I am so sorry that you and Ainslee are going through this. Talk about pulling at heart strings. I hope things get better from here on out.

Have fun with your new lens.

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Oh man! Poor sweetie. I hope she gets better soon. Even though your day started out less then thrillingly I’m glad it all worked out and your gift looks Awesome! Way to go Randy!! Have fun skiing and be safe.

Unknown said...

Oh leeann, what a time you have had with Ainslee! I can't believe all you have been through the past few weeks. You do need a break and go skiing. Have fun and you be safe girl!
Hope Ainslee recovers SOON and gets back to herself.

Boyce Family said...

Oh my gosh, how scary. I hope she gets better soon. And that you recover from no sleep. We will pray for you and your family.

Heather said...

I'm sorry. That sounds horrible and I hope that is the last speed bump in the road for Ainslee.

Yay for skiing!

The Johnson's said...

What a romantic way to spend the day! How traumatic! Hope she is doing better and you have caught up on some sleep.

sheri said...

Oh my goodness, that must've been horrible for both of you! I hope she's feeling better quickly.

MadMadameMim said...

I'm glad that your Valentine brought you a totally awesome gift and I'm glad Ainslee can finally be doing better. I hope things continue to go well. Wish I was there to help :)

Terilyn said...

Wow! What an experience. I hate sitting back and watching your child have to experience yucky stuff you wish you could just take away. I hope that she is definately on the mend!
FYI - I tagged you. You'll have to go to my site to understand!