Yesterday I pouted. Really I did. We all have bronchitis, thankfully we are all on meds an getting better. We sat at home and I realized that in 5 weeks, I won't be here. Sad huh? I pouted.
Today, I have been productive. I locked in our interest rate, and found out we get to re-lock one time if rates drop! And Merck bought our rate down a little!!! I talked to the movers to schedule the moving date. One month from today is what it is looking like. *sigh* I am excited but not. Does that makes sense?
Want to know my schedule for the next month. This week Randy is home. Next week he is in Pennsylvania for training. The week of April 1st we are all in Indiana. The next week Randy is in Pennsylvania for training, and then he is home and we move the week of the 17th. Do you see how quickly this is happening? Do you feel overwhelmed for me? You should! :)
While in Indiana I loved it. Really it was nice. I just wish it wasn't all the way over there. Seriously it is in the Eastern Time Zone. That is FOREVER away. Part of me just wished it was at least in Central Time.. I don't know why I think that would be easier but I do. At least we will get to fly back and forth. I already have one flight with the kids booked home.
I love the house we are moving into. Really I love it. I love that they don't have fences. It is just pretty and the lots are nice sized. We are going to put in the underground electric fence for our dogs. They should do well with that. (We hope!) They are getting older and lazier. (Sage turned 3 yesterday!) And the kids thankfully stay in the yard now.
Some great things.. so I am not negative or pouting.. because really today is better it is just sad to leave what we know as "home". Wonderful restaurants. I mean WONDERFUL! The shopping is awesome. My mall has Saks in it! How cool is that? Costco is close!! YIPPEE!! The manners, and a little bit of Southern Hospitality. Yes Ma'am and No Sir. I want my children to pick up on this. The schools are some of the best rated. It is one of the best places to live in America! They have the best Children's Museum in the World. Everyone told me that. They have a zoo! With dolphins. We can go to a Pacers game.. okay we can go cheer for the Sonics. And I know two nice women there both named Emily, so I won't confuse their names!! I think once it is done and we are there it will be easier.. right? The main parts are figured out.. now it is just getting there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Hey there little lady. I know it is hard and I appreciate the effort you make to keep the pouting to a minimum. It's hard for me to put you through this much stress...It would be hard for any man to do to his wife. but hey, it a decision for the career. and it will be a very fun adventure. I love you everyday!
Hey dear.. I know this will be great. I just have to clear the mechanism so I can go forward. Get it out and then look up. :) And I can do hard things.. and I think this qualifies as one of them. Love you.
You guys are just awesome. And you'll do just fine. I've done it, being so far from family. Your new friends and your new ward will become your family, I promise!
And hey, if there's going to be a going away shindig, please let me know. I must bake for you before you leave!
Jennie
You guys are great! I know moving can be hard... but you are awesome and it sounds like so many things are falling right into fabulous place. Can't wait to see pics of the new house!
I'm glad there are so many good things to look forward too. It will be awesome :)! I'll miss you tons, but it will be great and I'm excited you've already met such nice people to help you feel at home.
Oh man, you are making me want to move to Indiana.
I'm with you on the Eastern Time Zone, that totally seems further than Central.
I just love the two of you!
You two are so sweet :)
I think you could fit in anywhere. It's just your personality. Living away from family is hard but It has it's upsides for sure. I think it's great you have a trip to come back for a visit planned. That way you can enjoy life while getting settled no matter how homesick you are. You will already know you'll be headed back for a quick dose of family in no time... Good luck and I hope you all get better soon!! At least you don’t have to pack your whole house. Oh and I love your new house what a find :).
Moving is so bittersweet isn't it? A new adventure to look forward to, but all the old comfortable places and people to miss.
Sounds like a great place you are moving to and so nice you don't even have to pack! ;)
You are so good at looking on the bright side of things--even when you want to pout. You will probably be glad when it's over and done with so you don't have to worry or stress about it anymore.
Have a great day!
Lee, I just read this and have been clued in that you are moving. I'm balling my eyes out because I am such a loser for not spending time with you while I had the chance. I feel horrible. I am excited for you, though. Moving to a new place can be tough, but it will be a great adventure. I know you know that. I loved your comment to your husband. You have such a positive attitude and your husband and family are blessed to have you.
Oh my gosh. You totally just sold me on Indiana. Now I want to move there!! Except the whole Eastern Time Zone thing...
Post a Comment