Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Constant
Today I went to my rheumatologist. It was my last appointment with him, and my next one will be with my new Doctor in Indiana. I am quite attached to Dr. Craig, and that might sound a little weird, but I am. He is who diagnosed me with Lupus 10 years ago. I knew him when I was still a Senior in High School. He has been my doctor dealing with all of my issues with my health. He kept tabs on each of the problems I had while pregnant and is one who seriously talked to me about the reasons I needed to be done. I trust him fully to keep me healthy and to do what is best. When I look at the last 10 years of my life it has been crazy and ever changing. This is the one thing that remained constant. I had a Dr I knew and trusted more than any other. He has an awesome Nurse Debbie, who knows when I call needing help, I really need help. It has been the same and one of the only things that has stayed that way for 10 years. As long as I have dealt with this disease. It was sad to leave today, they wished me well and gave me a hug and made me promise to come back and visit with my kids. I almost teared up when I left. It is always a familiar place and somewhere I feel okay. They know all the crazy things wrong with me, and are able to laugh at it with me and keep things light and help me to deal the way I do. I don't know many doctors or offices that help people as much as they do. It's been the constant in my world when everything else is always changing. It's been a good ten years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
it's is a sad thing to say good bye to a really good doctor, especially one that has been so involved in your life for so long. But I hear there are closer doctors in Indianna ;)!
I bet you'll have a few more of these "goodbyes" before this whole thing is done with. Glad you've had such an advocate for the past 10 years.
I bet that is hard, I hope you find someone just as concerned in Indiana.
I am hopeful that you will find someone liek that in Indiana. It's nice to have someone you can completley trust with your life.
Post a Comment