Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Mommy!


Today is my Mom's birthday. I have mentioned several times how much I adore my Mommy, and how wonderful she truly is. I am planning on spending as much time with her as possible today. She has practice for the symphony tonight so we are doing the family shin-dig tomorrow. I went looking through my pictures for pictures of my Mom and I together, this one is almost a year old. Looks like it is time for a new one!!
I won't tell her age, because she is so not happy about it, and I am going to respect her by not telling everyone her age.. I think that is a first for me! I am so proud of how gorgeous my Mom is and how great she looks for her age I tell everyone because it is shocking, but Happy Birthday Mom, today I am keeping your secret.
Here are six things I love about my Mommy.
1. She is a phenomenal violinist. I could listen to just her play for hours. I love playing with her. Music comes to life when she plays.
2. She is kind.
3. She is the best self-sacrificing Mother.
4. She makes her Grandchildren feel like they are the only thing that matter. The world stops when she is with them and they know how much she loves and adores them.
5. She is FUNNY!
6. She is a great example of the type of woman I hope to be.
I could go on and on and on. But those are a few things I love about my Mommy. I am grateful to have spent so many years with my Mom on her birthday, and every other day. I have 30 days until moving day..(yes it is always hanging over my head. ) I plan on spending as much time with her as possible. We went to Spokane together on Tuesday and I am taking her shopping today. Hopefully I will get a good dose of Mommy before I leave.
Happy Birthday Mommy! You are the Best Mom I know. I am grateful that I am your daughter, and that my kids get to call you Grandma. Love you.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Your mom sounds great. Good thing there is unlimited long distance these days.... I know you'll get good use out of it!

MadMadameMim said...

I'm so glad you had a great day with your mom. She is a great lady, what a wonderful tribute!

Dawn said...

Oh tell your mom happy birthday from me too. I haven't seen them in forever.

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Your mom is really an amazing women. I just love her. Happy Happy B-day V. I hope your year brings love and laughter:)

Allison said...

Very sweet tribute, Lee. She is deserving of all your praise and you are both lucky to have each other.