My Blog is in a slump. It has been for a month. I have had pretty much just one thing on my mind. I am moving.. where? when? why? blah.. blah.. blah. Really I only have one thing I want to blog about and who all wants to hear about me moving to Indiana.
Now I know the where, and pretty much the when, and the why because the boss said so.. and well so did the Lord. My questions are answered.. kind of. But then it opened up a whole bunch of knew questions. What house, which city, schools, church, shopping, and the list goes on.
I am asked if we are excited. I will be honest, the opportunity for Randy's job is totally exciting! And really we feel so incredibly blessed to have been given such a wonderful promotion. The adventure is exciting, the chance to live so close to so many Church history sites is exciting. We are going to be close (well driving distance) to where Randy served his mission! How cool is that! There are so many things we are so very excited for. It is a new adventure, and we love adventures. They have a zoo there, and the best Children's Museum in US there. Everyone is telling me all about it. We will have amazing experiences there, I have no doubt. And I am going to live outside of Washington State for the first time! So yes we are excited for part of it.
And yes I am very sad to be leaving my family. We have been blessed to live close to family for so many years that it will be hard to not have them close. My Mom is one of my best friends. I don't want people telling me how it is good to be away from family, I get that we cleave to our spouse and our children our little family unit. But I like having my Mom around. Thankfully we will live near a big airport, so flights shouldn't be too bad. We have our cell phones, the Internet and web cams that we can use. It will all be okay, but I do know that this will be hard.
These are the things that are going on in my head daily. Am I strong enough to do this? Does the Lord really think I can do this? Will my kids handle this okay? Is this going to be our forever home? What next? HOLY CRAP IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING? What happened to my life as I knew it just a few weeks ago?
The Lord has blessed me with quiet reassurances that this is indeed what we are supposed to do. I can do this, and it will all work out. I know this. It is still sinking in, and I don't know that I will fully comprehend it until I am there. I do know that I am truly grateful that the Church is everywhere. I will have a ward family instantly and I will have a place to call home. The Lord has a reason for sending us to Indiana, and hopefully one day I will fully understand them. But for now I trust Him. I am thrilled for the opportunities that Randy has with his work. Seriously we could not be more blessed. And I am thankful I am not a pioneer or it would take me three years to get there and I would never see my family again. I feel blessed in so many ways, and we have truly felt like we have been so blessed and have had many things so inspired throughout all of this.
*Beware if you don't want to read more or learn more about this you might want to avoid my blog for a while. Hopefully you love me enough to want to hear all of the gory details!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Bring on the gore! You know I love you! Just cling to the quiet assurances, thats what they're there for :)! You totally made me cry I know how hard this is, and I have to say I think yours is harder. But your stronger, seriously!
This is big news! You will do great. You are awesome at making friends, meeting new people, etc. Trust in the Lord and you will feel comfort.
good luck and write as much as you want about moving. This is YOUR blog after all. :) It sounds like you know that this is what you are supposed to do so I know that you'll get the answers to the new questions just like you got them to the old ones. Keep us informed!
I totally want to hear all about the move!!
I can imagine how nervous you are, but you always have the assuarance that you are doing what's right.
Yay for not being a poineer.
LeeAnn,
I can't believe you are leaving WA. I am excited you are going to be closer to my side of the states now. I am blown away! This is great. What does your family think? Sorry I haven't checked we just spent the last week in Orlando, FL. Check my blog soon for updates on our fun.
This is an exciting time for you and your family. This sounds like a great adventure!
Write away, my friend....write away! I agree, cling to those quiet assurances when you're feeling frantic about leaving. The Lord will bless you with the comfort of His spirit as often as you need it. And know that I'm as willing as ever to listen when you need an ear! Love ya!
Post a Comment