Little Man took this picture of me.. it makes me laugh, because I am so not this serious, and I realize I am no longer this teenage bride.. I am almost 28!
But check out that picture, do you see my neck? I always thought I had a short neck, but I don't. It is a long slender neck, and I love it. And it just makes me feel HOT! Everyone likes to feel hot right?
My hair.. I used to straighten my hair ALWAYS. I never wore it curly. Then slowly I would do it on occasion curly, and now it is rare that it is straight. I love my curls. They are fun and so me. Always random and never quite the same. And I can't forget the color.. I love how dark it is, and the contrast it is to my light eyes.
My hands, I have long fingers, and long slender hands. I can reach two keys over an octave on the piano, I can palm a basketball, and my hands are bigger than my husbands. I love that they are long.
My scars on my body. If you look closely in that picture you will see one at the base of my neck. I love it. All of the scars from my surgeries I have had I look at with pride. My body struggled through many things and I came out on top. I can do hard things. (I especially have to remember this right now as I am preparing to move away from my family.. cue the crying.)
I like my lips. I have always been told I have perfect pretty lips. And the edges almost always are curled up.. life is too fun to not smile and have a terrific time.
And I love my eyes. They are blue or green depends on what I am wearing. They are light, and they are like that of my wonderful Mother.
It was supposed to be five things, but I got carried away. As I have said before it is important to like ourselves. If you would have asked me two years ago what I liked about myself I would have said my clothes that cover up my body. I have watched women with confidence in who they are and the people they are becoming and have been in awe. Many of my friends have been these women who just are so confident who they are. I decided I needed that in my life. I needed to know who I was, and that by knowing that about me, I would like me. I learned I am a Daughter of God. He loves me. He made me just the way I am. He didn't make me to look like some girl on the cover of a magazine, or to aspire to look like someone/something else. He made me perfect in His eyes. I realized that finally. It only took SEVERAL years. I realized it when I looked at my own daughter and saw how absolutely BEAUTIFUL she is. And realized my Mother felt the same way about me. I would be greatly saddened if my daughter ever felt she needed to do things to change herself to be beautiful. The media has twisted what true beauty is. I love how Danyelle talks about how she despised her nose, but now loves it. That is an awesome thing and something I hope we as women will do. Embrace ourselves for who we are, not what we think we should be. We are made unique and beautiful and individuals.
Embrace yourself, what do you like about you?



7 comments:
YOU are absolutely fabulous. A hearty "here, here!" to everything you said!
I love your hair curly. It is fantastic! You are gorgeous, mama!
Ok, your last paragraph was amazing! So great, thanks for sharing. I, too, love the quote: "I can do hard things."
"I can do hard things" that is such a profound statement, and as I struggle to lose this weight, I need to remind myself.."I can do hard things."
You are beautiful, I love your long neck.
What a great post. You are beautiful and you can do amazingly hard things. I love that you are always smiling :).
Lee Ann,
This was a great post. Your curly hair is divine!
thank you for joining in on the "love yourself first" adventure. i'm so glad you played along. love, lindsay
Lee... I love you more each and every day. I too love your long slender neck (even if you don't let me nibble to long) once again it's important for everyone to know.. your hands are bigger than mine! Love you and you're wonderful eliquent and sexy,a nd sexier every years since you were my teenage wife. love you!
Post a Comment