Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Eastern Time...

The Eastern Time Zone.. wow it is just a pain. I miss my Pacific Time. I am slowly adjusting, and I am amazed how much I can get done before anyone back home is up. It makes me feel so accomplished. This morning I did my workout, and then I made Little Man a Dutch Baby Pancake, he is so excited! We went to the Original Pancake House on Saturday for breakfast, and I tried one, and he thought it was the coolest thing ever. And they are so easy to make, and just delish. They should be with 1/3 C of butter in just one! HOLY COW! He is in heaven as he sits eating this massive pancake. I think it is more of a dessert than breakfast.



Okay.. back to my original thought. I try to not call my Mom until my sister is off to school which is after 11:00 AM here. I feel so productive when I think of what time it would be at home, and I got up so early. Really I am not that productive for Eastern Time.. but I like to pretend I am so I think in Pacific Time.



The time zone has thrown my kids off too.. but finally they were asleep before 9 last night! WOO HOO! We are making progress.



And just for fun here is a fake Easter picture that I love. And you can see the dress I made for Little Miss. I am quite proud.



Have an awesome Tuesday! Do something fun and new! I am playing basketball tonight and I cannot wait! It has been too long.. hopefully I come home unbroken.

10 comments:

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

How do you make those pancakes? Looks good.

Your children are so darling...Way good job on the dress! Sewing is on my list of things to learn before I die. I am hoping to live for a long time.

tharker said...

Ainslee's dress is so adorable. Great job!

I am going to have to try that pancake. Yummy!

My sister in law lives in Pittsburgh and I'm always thinking of what she is doing when it's 6am here and I am just waking up. Then I remember that she is not a morning person, so she is probably still chillin' in her house at 9am her time. Love it!

Heather said...

That pancake looks so good! Way to go on that dress... I'm totally impressed.

Misty said...

mmmm, I love dutch babies! It's always a treat for my kids when I make them. And great job on A's dress! It's darling.

Jackie said...

Your kids are beautiful! What a great picture of them. And the dress is so cute. It was so good to talk with you and get caught up!

MadMadameMim said...

your kids look great and I love Ainslee's dress. Way to go, I'm almost motivated ;). I used to love to think what I got done in the morning before you were up and at em, although it wasn't quite as drastic, now I'm the slothful one as I struggle to get up at 7 and you've already been up for two hours! I'm glad it helps you though.

Randy said...

I'm sure proud of your motivation yesterday. a work out, dutch baby, and basketball in the evening. good effort. Sorry that your butt hurts so bad today. Love ya though!

Allison said...

I've honestly never heard of those pancakes....but any pancake that is mostly like a dessert I'm SURE I'd love! Post the recipe, maybe????

I'm gonna have to check out that workout...I love when my butt hurts! Yea, I know that weird!

TJDKG said...

I love that dress you did such a good job! and those pancakes look soo good but holy fattening.!!

I hear you on the timezone thing. its hard at night when tis only 8pm here and already 11 there!!

Lisa said...

Hey you moved much closer to ME!!! I've done all 4 time zones now in my marriage and I like Eastern best because then live TV really is live. The downside is primetime doesn't even start until 8 pm. Oh and I don't call my sister until 11 either.

We just got back from visiting in Las Vegas and trying to get my kids back to sleeping is impossible before 10 agh!

BTW-I am happy to see I can read your blog. I thought Jennica has said it was private, I will have to stop in more often!