Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ouch.

Yesterday I decided to start a new workout regimen in the morning. It was good, it kicked my butt. And then I had basketball for the first time in I don't know how long. And if I wasn't already trashed from my workout basketball finished me off. 90 minutes of wonderful ball playing after not touching a ball forever will destroy you. I was exhausted, red faced, sweaty, and a little wheezy. It was the most fun I have had working out in a LONG time! I was the girl gasping for breath, partially from my asthma, and partially because I am not in basketball shape. Oh my goodness I forgot how hard it was. But my skills are really rusty. I can't wait for next week and the next! Hopefully if I continue my workout plan I won't gasp for air and feel like my legs are going to fall off.

This morning my whole body hurts. Especially my butt. Thank you one legged squats, and defense. Each step is accompanied by ow, oh, ow, oh. You can hear me coming before you ever see me. And today is my cardio day. Let's hope I am able to move tomorrow.

7 comments:

tharker said...

Look at you getting out there and playing basketball! I'm so impressed!

The sore butt will go away...in a day or five. ;)

Jen said...

Good for you for exercising. I'm trying to make myself do it, but just never seem to make it work. I'm really getting desperate though--lots of my pants are getting pretty tight! lol

Are you doing a video or what for your new "regime"? I need motivation!

Heather said...

Let's hear more about this basketball craziness!! Where are you playing?

Randy said...

I'm glad that you had so much fun. hope the breathing continues to get better. love you!

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

You are such an inspiration! I think I will give basketball a try. It's something I can do with my kids.

Jackie said...

I LOVE reading your blog. You are so funny! :-)

MadMadameMim said...

does your new work out have a work the bun and not thighs work out? cause thats what I need. I'm so glad you have basketball, it will be so great for you.