Monday, May 05, 2008

Accomplished

I am feeling accomplished so far today, and it has just begun. I got my butt out of bed the earliest ever here in Indiana! Go me! Guess what time? 7:30AM. Thank you very much. I just keep thinking back home that was 4:30AM, I am so rocking. I am totally patting myself on the back. I am slowly getting acclimated, and I was up before my kids and after Randy did his run. Then it was my turn. I am trying to get in shape to run a 5K and I am doing a training program. I started on Week 3, and it wasn't bad. I didn't want to start on Week 1, I can totally do the run 60 seconds, walk 90. I figure I am not in that bad of shape so I started Week 3 of a 9 Week program. I am hoping my knees can handle this, and time will tell. It was great! I love that it is pretty flat here, it made it doable.

I was right at 25 minutes done when I had this horrible feeling come over me. I hurried home and ended up with my full 30 minutes. I was praying that I would get to the porcelain throne, and not embarrass myself in front of all of my neighbors, no one wants to do that. I ran in the house up the stairs and made it to my toilet just in time to vomit. Nice Huh? But no one had to witness me getting sick.. and really, my workout shouldn't have made me sick. I think it because I got up so crazy early! I mean seriously it was like 4:30AM far far away. Hopefully Wednesday won't hold the same fate for me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you. I'm setting a goal to start working out in the fall. I'll have 2 FT school, and one kid in 1/2 day preschool so I figure taking one kid with me will be easy to get a work out in the AM

tharker said...

Sorry you lost your cookies. That is no good. But it is awesome that you are running the 5K.

Jen said...

okay...well that would be it for me right there with the running. I keep telling myself that I want to be a "runner". Mostly I just want those cute calves that runners always have. My problem is that I detest running! I don't mind exercising, but for some reason I can't stand running. One of these days I'm gonna make myself do it for awhile and see if it grows on me....one of these days. lol

Sonja said...

Wow, sorry you got sick on your run. That only happens to me when I'm on a totally empty stomach or had too much before a workout. Or........ when I was pg :)

WTG for keeping in shape, I'm sure you will do well on the 5k

Allison said...

Holy cow, you're doing the program we did! Way to go! Sorry about the puking... I hope your knees cooperate and you can achieve your goal. By the way, I was up at 4:30 here too...I should have called you! :)

smart mama said...

wtg- that inspires me to get a move on-- but you know what i totally loose my cookies if i get up too early

MadMadameMim said...

so sorry about the puking, I hope it goes away with a little snacking before the early am jog. Good luck, I think it is awesome. Now if only I could convince myself running is just as much fun with a stroller as without I'd be in business too.

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

Go Lee!!! Up early, running, and basket ball once a week...you are going to be a fitness wonder. I was thinking about running, but....