Monday, May 05, 2008

Coming unto Christ means walking away from the world

I was reading my friend Jenn's blog, and she was sharing some stuff from BYU Women's Conference.. and seriously I need to go to that. Anyway, I saw this quote. And it spoke to me, along with a million others. But this one was so true for me.

Coming unto Christ means walking away from the world. - Sheri Dew

This just rings so true for me. The things that really matter are not of the world. Does it matter what the latest fashion is? No. Does it matter about the celebrity gossip? No. Does it matter that we look like we did before we had babies, or the way Hollywood has decided is perfect by nipping and tuckng? No. Does it matter what the best show is on TV? No. Does it matter that I read scriptures with my kids? Yes. Does it matter that I have taught my kids to pray? Yes. Does it matter that my kids think they are the most special children of God, and that their Heavenly Father loves them so much? Absolutely. The things that really matter are simple. I learned them all in Primary. If I can do that, I will be a success. If I can get rid of the noise caused by the World I will succeed. My kids will be blessed if I can walk away from the world and Come unto Christ.

5 comments:

tharker said...

This is so simple, yet so powerful. Thank you for sharing this Lee.

P.S.
I still can't get over the fact that you are reading this 2,000 miles from where I am typing it. Crazy to me ;)

Heather said...

So true, yet so hard to remember sometimes. Thanks for sharing this quote.

Sonja said...

You're so right! Thanks for the wonderful reminder that we need to step away from the world to truly understand what is important.

sleepless in oasis said...

Beautiful quote! Sandy and I were talking about going to Women's Conference next year. We were discussing the need to get away and be spiritually fed.

MamaBird said...

I am reading Jesus the Christ - ironic that the thought "just walk away" keeps running through my mind - perfectly sincs with Sheri's quote. We all need that reminder. Thanks.