We are home. We had fun. We had a wonderful time with Kevin and Rachel and their two wonderful children. Thank you for letting us stay with you! We enjoyed the company of Rachel's sister and her husband also. And we had a lot of fun visiting with family.
It was nice to be together as a family to remember Grandpa, and the great man he is. I was in awe sitting in his funeral and looking at his posterity. Grandma and Grandpa should be proud of the family they have. We were all there to celebrate the life of Grandpa. I enjoyed hearing stories told, and the lessons that were taught. The funeral was beautiful. It made me laugh, and cry. And I felt great peace.
My children enjoyed the opportunity to visit with their Great Grandma. She played checkers with Little Man, and took time to talk with both of them. I am so grateful that we were able to go and spend time together with our family. My kids were able to see Nana and Papa, and we were able to see all but one of Randy's siblings. I still need to clear out my memory card and then I can check out all of the pictures I took while I was there. We even had a large group photo of all of the family in town. It was great to see everyone there, and to see the support for Grandma.
And after this trip, I miss our family. It was nice to be close together. Nice to feel the love and support. And I hope that someday we will be where we can feel that more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I'm glad you had a safe trip and able to spend time with family. Funerals are sad in one sense but always make me remember how much family I do have all around me at the same time.
Spending time with family is the greatest blessing there is. Glad you had a safe trip :)
Glad you're home safely that that you didn't freeze to death. Freaking fall in Utah!
I'm glad you're home- I missed the updates. Family is the best, sometimes it takes living far away to appreciate it. In some families, distance can be a blessing too! ;)
We had a blast having you! Glad you guys got home safe. Come again soon!
Post a Comment