Monday, October 27, 2008

Women we Need

“Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. … We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith” -Margaret D. Nadauld


This quote, it spoke to me. In so many levels. And the funny thing is I have heard this quote before, but reading it today it was like it was meant for me to hear. It made me think about what woman I am. And reevaluate the woman I want to be.


I look at all of the women around me. The great examples they are. Those we are truly Women of God. Those who are tender. Those who are kind. And those of great faith. My heart wants to develop each of these to be the type of woman I can be. To be the woman, the mother, the wife that I know I am, somewhere.


I have reflected on this and pondered this all day. How often am I caught up in things of the world that do not matter. I try to live by If it doesn't matter in the eternal scheme of things, it doesn't matter. But that is rarely a success. I still strive for that.



All of these qualities are what we as women are meant to be. I strive to be kinder, more tender and to have greater faith. To reflect on how I can be a better representative of my Savior, Jesus Christ. To be an example of what He stands for. Am I those things? Not always, but sometimes.



Today, I want to do better. To do those things that I should do, to be a better Woman. A better mother. A better wife. To be a better me.

11 comments:

Allison said...

Wow, I've been pondering that same quote for two days. I went VTing to Tiffany this morning and we talked about it there. I am convinced that our role as women, especially in the winding up scenes in the history of the world, is critical to the building of the kingdom of God. It is no small or insignificant thing that we were born women and that we were born at this time. You are one of the tender, kind and faithful women that I think quote talks about. I miss your personal influence in my life so much....

Toia said...

We do need more women of virtue, women of integrity, women of faith.....Women who are not afraid to stand on God's word. Women who you are more in tune with pleasing God...Instead of trying to please others for the sake of a Miss Popularity contest. Otherwise, our little girls today may be in a whole lot of trouble. As a result, women who are not teaching their little girls how to become great women of God will be held accountable.

This post really got me thinking. Thanks for sharing.

Jennica said...

Thanks for posting this. I needed it today.

Anonymous said...

TFS. I haven't heard this quote in a while. It's a good reminder for me to try a little harder to be a little better.

Heidi said...

I chose that quote to share in my visiting teaching visits this month. It means the most to me. Thanks for sharing it again.

sleepless in oasis said...

I also loved this quote and shared it in my visiting teaching. I have to constantly remind myself life is not about collecting things. My job is important because I touch lives. I don't need a paycheck to validate what I do or prove that I am not lazy.

Misty said...

It is great. I love what they've been doing with the VT messages lately. There's more meat to them.

Barney Family said...

Great Post!! I think you are a very giving, charitable person and you inspire me to be better.

Kellie

Rachel said...

Thanks for the reminder! I need to be constantly reminded of this. I think you're a great example to everyone around you. It was so good getting to know you better while you guys were here!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Thanks for this - it's been on my mind since yesterday - a girl in my French class was trying to explain to our teacher certain "text messaging" phrases that are popular in the U.S. (the teacher is French). I told her not to corrupt the instructor! It's true, what you say.

MadMadameMim said...

such a touching message, thank you.