Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dear Weatherman,

When we moved to Indiana everyone told me the winters were cold, and bitter. We would have snow, and a lot of it. I am feeling like I was lied to. Everyone I know has snow, even Las Vegas has snow, and three inches at that. Why can't we have snow? Please. Pretty please. I want snow, and I better have a white Christmas. (Demanding, I know.) And I guess technically we have snow, if you want to count the millimeter we have plus the ice on top of it. But I want snow I can build a snowman in, snow I can play in, snow we can sled on. Real snow.

Yours Truly,

Lee (Dying for some snow!)

5 comments:

Becky said...

they keep teasing us with snow here "we are expecting 8 inches on the valley floor tomorrow..." Then we get half an inch that melts in twenty minutes. They have done that THREE TIMES. The teasing is killing me. I hope we both get our white christmas wish.

MadMadameMim said...

well, what to say to that? You are welcome to our winter storm warning of -19 plus wind chill any day. So far it's only down to 12 degrees. But we do have snow. I don't know how play-able it will be after today though. Wishing you a white Christmas in moderation.

Jen said...

I'm sure you will get it sooner or later and I'm also sure there's a good chance that before the winter is over you'll wonder why you were so anxious to have snow in the first place! ;)

Jen said...

lee...i have to say i agree. everyone promised me the same. i can count on one hand the amount of good play snow i have had. mostly it is the yuck of today, a mix of nothing that is good for nothing. so i will sign your petition for snow and the we can build the biggest snowman our neighborhood has ever seen. CHEERS!!

tharker said...

See, you shouldn't have moved away! We have several inches here and are expecting more. Oh wait, now I'm bragging...sorry ;)

And I'm totally kidding about the moving thing...even if we didn't have someone to take fabulous pictures of us this year...oh wait, now I'm pouting...sorry ;)

I love ya Lee and hope you get lots of snow!!