two days ago. But life has been busy. Tuesday we took my parents and sister with us to a Pacer game. My Dad saw an NBA game back in the 70's, and my Mom and sister had never been to one so they were excited, we were excited. The Pacers were playing the Lakers. Randy told me it was going to be a blow out the Lakers would beat the Pacers. I silently hoped that would not happen. I wanted to have OUR team beat the Lakers, and show my parents a fantastic game.
At the end of the third quarter I was sure the Lakers were going to win. And my heart was sinking. But then at the beginning of the fourth quarter something happened. The Pacers came alive. They took on the Lakers and rallied back. It was exciting to watch. My heart was racing, I cheered and jumped and whacked my head on the concrete wall. My kids cheered and were on the big tv four times with their great skills. The game intensified and my heart raced. And at the buzzer the Pacers won. 117-118. It was amazing. It reminded me of the NBA days back when the Chicago Bulls ruled the court, it was that kind of game for me. I was in awe. I was there, I watched them beat the Lakers. It was inspiring. It was the way the NBA was meant to be. Games that are down to the wire, where your heart races, you jump, you yell, you go hoarse from cheering, and your hands hurt from clapping.
Go Pacers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I totally agree! I'd rather watch a close game than a blowout any day of the week!
I'm glad they won one for your fam!
Even my Laker-loving husband had to admit it was a good game to watch. I'm glad you had fun with your family!
Wow, that would have been amazing to see! I'm glad you got to be there with your family.
Post a Comment