There is nothing like those phone calls you get before surgery or a new doctor appointment from the nurse wanting to go over your medical history. The ones that go like this:
Do you take any medications?
You reply, Yes.. I do. Want the list, and then rattle off several medications spelling, explaining, listing the doses and frequency in jargon they totally get. Verifying that yes you do really take that many allergy pills a day.
Have you had any surgeries?
You rattle that list off and you hear a gasp and a slight oh every now and then.
And then the medical problems.
Cue rattling off the problems you might have.. say Lupus.
*Gasp* Which comes with a sigh, oh honey, are you ok?
To which you reply if you saw me walking down the street you wouldn't have a clue there was anything wrong. I look fine, I act fine, I am fine. I just like to freak nurses out and have them wondering what type of patient they might be getting.
So let's be real. On paper, I look like a mess. A total mess. But when you see me in 3-D you get that while on paper I am a mess in real, I'm me. The girl running crazy, doing the Mom thing, and not allowing anything wrong to define me. I am me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
You go girl! You forgot to add that in real life you are absolutely adorable.
You rock!!
You are so awesome Lee! A sister in our ward was just diagnosed with Lupus. I should refer her to you!!!!
I have children that are the same. I always tell everyone I have the healthiest sick kids you will ever meet.
It's true. And you rock.
You're not having another surgery are you? Hope everything is ok. You are awesome!
I wouldn't have had a clue if you didn't tell me. I had a great time last night; thanks for inviting me. We need to do it more often. I am always in need of a little ladies night:)
Love that about you. In fact it might be my favorite part about you, you are just you - then there is the stuff. Wish I could have heard that conversation, I bet it was funny - on one level anyway.
Love You!
Post a Comment