Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Parents.. and the Sista

My parents wanted a new family picture. They wanted one that was outside, and with just the right look. I told them they could go somewhere in Washington, but it wouldn't be as spectacular as one would be in Indiana. Thankfully that idea persuaded them to come to Indiana just for this reason. They realized that Indiana would be the best place for their family picture of them and my gorgeous sister. And just their luck it even snowed lightly during their picture session. (I should charge extra for that!)

We had a delightful time the past week and a half shopping, laughing, visiting, and just being together. My parents went home today. We offered more pictures if they would stay longer, but something about needing to go home, feeding the cat, paying bills, not living here made them choose to go home. Rather than spend the rest of December here. The kids loved having their attention non-stop, and just having quality time. We loved seeing family, and we miss them already. And I am already planning the next time we get to see each other.

7 comments:

Allison said...

Adorable picture! I'm so happy you had such a nice long visit with them. You're a lucky gal!

MadMadameMim said...

Great picture, and I love the excuse to visit. It sounds like you guys had a great time. How lucky for you that your parents come to visit when you live so far away.

tharker said...

I love it!

I also love that you convinced them that they could not find a better location for a family picture than Indiana...you are awesome!!!!

tharker said...

Sorry to use your comments Lee, but I just want to tell Allison that I loved meeting her at the movie a couple of weeks ago. Also, I love the new hair cut!

Jeta said...

I just realized that your sister was one of the girls in my Achievement day group. She is such a sweetheart and what a nice family you have. We had a daddy daughter dinner and she and your dad made apple cider, it was so good! and a fun experience.

We sure miss you and think about you often! Love ya

megan said...

You're convincing me to become a photographer so that my family will come visit me! Fun to see a picture of your dad, too. I had kind of forgotten what he looked like.

BradandMelanie said...

The picture turned out so cute! And don't you just love having your family in town?? It's the best, I'm glad that you had a good time with your parents and sister while they were here.