Yesterday her speech teacher Sarah called me. She informed me that her "s" was great now, (I knew that) and that her speech is awesome. Little Miss always practices what they did at school at home so I knew "s" was really the last letter, and she mastered it without any front teeth! Little Miss is graduating speech. And I don't think she will be going back again! I am so excited for her, and very proud of her. I am grateful for the wonderful speech pathologist who have helped her. Great job girl.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Proud Mom Moments
I have blogged about Little Miss and her speech issues. Talking has never been easy for her. Getting the correct sounds on letters has been hard. We have been in speech for four years, minus a few times when we would get little breaks. That is a lot of speech. Finally her sounds are all coming together and quite clear. She is a little nasally at times, but that comes from her lovely Indiana allergies. When we started speech at the beginning of the school year her "s" was her weakest sound thanks to no front teeth. And that was a letter that she mastered years ago. Her speech teacher kept working with her and has really pushed to get all of those sounds fluent, and constant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yea for her!
Post a Comment