They say admitting is the hardest step. And trust me it was hard.
But I have realized that it is time to not be the addict anymore. To free myself from this lovely, I mean horrible demon.
Sugar. Me and Sugar. It just so happens that I have the taste buds of a five year old. I prefer sugary sweet to anything. I have been known to open packets of raw sugar at a resturant and eat them.. and possibly feed them to my own children. Or eat the hard clumps of brown sugar, just the little ones, not the baseball sized one. I am the kid who pours a cup full of sugar on their bowl of rice crispies so they are edible. I am the pregnant lady who when asked what I ate for breakfast explains I had Oreo's Cereal. (For the record it is fabulous!) I am the Mom who will happily eat cake for breakfast, or a bowl of Cocoa Puffs. I like gummy bears in my ice cream. I like the sugary sweet candy that most of my friends shy away from.
In light of this recent admission of my addiction I am cutting out the massive amount of sweets that have been a part of my daily diet. I am not cutting ALL sugar out of my diet, but I am cutting out candy, cookies, and the goodies that I would prefer to eat over anything else. I am even cutting out my ICE CREAM! And if you ask anyone that is my favorite food.
I started eleven days ago. And I have to say the first few days I was dying for a treat. I don't really care about any food I eat, but my sugar. I am not picky about anything I eat, but I do know the difference between good and bad ice cream. I am eating much healthier. I am managing to get 5 vegetables and 3 fruits in everyday. The fruits are working wonders to replace my sugar habit. And my body just feels better. Better than I thought it would without the sugar.



7 comments:
Good for you! That is so hard!
You are better than me...I've tried before and I just can't make that one stick...I am trying to eat less junk, but haven't cut anything out altogether. good luck!
I'm impressed! Being on a chocolate shutdown (dang it, why does it have to bother my baby so?) I know what you mean.
Keep it up!
Chew gum. You know Biggest Loser is always advertising Extra as a good way to satisfy those cravings:) Ha Ha Life's too short. Eat those treats--in moderation:)
Good for you. Good for us both!!!
That is awesome! I have kind of tried to do the same thing. I cut out all candy and only have the occasional treat--and it has to be something that is one of my favorites or I don't indulge. It's so hard! Keep up the good work!
Right there with ya!
Post a Comment