Friday, January 22, 2010

Six Years Ago..

My baby was seven months old. And she is still as happy as she was then. I miss this stage.
My little boy had just turned two. He is still always up to something. I miss this stage.
My kids are growing up faster than I would like to accept. Today I am pondering am I embracing their childhood enough? Because these pictures feel like yesterday. And this morning they are both off at school for the day, they aren't little like this. They are brave, independent children.

Our life has taken some definite changes that I never expected to see in the past six year. I never imagined that when Little Miss was born she would be the baby forever. I never imagined that we would move so much. I never imagined that my children would bring me so much joy, and that they time would feel like it was going by at lightning speed.

I can say I think I took for granted a lot of those days, they were often long and hard. Randy was in school full time and worked full time. I was home by myself a lot. It felt like the longest year of my life after Little Miss was born, but if I could go back and do it again, I would. I would worry less and play more. And embrace the silliness that embodies my children. I miss that stage.

I love where my kids are right now though. They are entertaining and are great for conversations. I love just spending time with them and understanding them. But I am ready for time to stop. Or even go backwards. I want it to quit passing at warp speed.

1 comment:

Lei said...

I hear you!!! Cute pictures.