Friday, January 15, 2010

The Thing about Facebook

Facebook is so popular ever my parents are on it. My Aunts and Uncles are on it. People who I never thought would be into social networking are on it. I love the ability it has to connect you to people you have lost contact with over the years. You can catch up with your childhood friends it is pretty cool. Especially for a person like me who once you are my friend, you are my friend for life, unless you are a really bad mean person.

I attended the school with the same kids from Kindergarten until the end of my Freshman year of High School. I had awesome friends. And moving after my Freshman year made it hard to keep connected, before this fabulous Internet was everywhere. Now I am able to catch up with friends from years past. Funny thing, several of them have asked me why I wasn't at the reunion.. I casually responded I had moved after my Freshman year and didn't graduate with them from CHS, but I had moved, and graduated from PHS. Funny what you remember! I didn't go to my 10 year reunion at PHS either.

So on to my thoughts on Facebook. It is this fabulous tool.. but also an extremely annoying tool. I love that I can reconnect with people that I haven't seen in years, and keep in contact with people that I still see. I like the fun little quick messages and being able to post quick pictures and keep my friends kind of in the loop. Not as in the loop as they would be if they talked to me but somewhat.

Facebook wants to suck me in. That annoys me. It wants me to waste my day reading and writing on walls. It wants to eat all my productivity and make me a lazy non contributing zero. So while I find it intriguing, I don't really care about all the quizzes you take, I tend to block them as fast as I can. I don't care about stupid games. But I do like to catch up with my friends. It's a love hate thing.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I so agree, a great thing...and a bad thing too.

Malisa said...

Hi Lee! I'm taking some time to look at your blog. I love how you write. Oh, and I feel the same way about Facebook.