Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Twenty-Ten

We are 6 days into the New Year, I figured it was about time I acknowledged it. So, hey there New Year!

Seriously though I am not huge on resolutions. I feel like I should always try to be better, do better, be a better person than I was the day before. I want to be the best me that I can be. But that can take a lot of work. I am not always the best me. Often I am just me, the slacker me, or the unproductive me. So maybe that is my resolution just to be my best me, more often than not.
I was thinking about ten years ago, the Y2K hype, I worked for US Bank at the time, Randy and I had only been married a few months and I had no idea where the first decade in the 2000's would take us. And I learned that no matter what change is always the constant. That Randy and I are stronger than I ever imagined, as a couple and individually, well me individually, I always knew Randy was amazing. We double the size of our family, we moved a lot, we endured my many surgeries, we laughed a lot, we loved a lot, and we had fun. I am excited for the next ten years to see where we finally end up and what all is in store for our family.

2 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

man a lot has happened in ten years! I wasn't even engaged ten years ago. Now I've got three and half kids and have been married over nine years.
A lot has happened, and a lot has changed.
So instead of "meet me in St. Louis", how about Meet me in TC. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!
This me begging.

Lisa Christine said...

I hope that this decade is as wonderful as the last for your family!