Friday, February 10, 2006

Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall

I have a confession, I love mirrors, reflective surfaces, anything I can see myself in. I am the girl walking around at the mall glancing at herself every chance she gets. I have done it my whole life. I was just getting myself dinner, caffeine free Diet Pepsi, and some pudding, (healthy, eh?) and was looking the my windows and mirrors downstairs. And I wondered do other people do this? Or is it just me?
I am not doing it thinking Wow look at me, I am so hot. I tend to do little poses, different expressions, and try to figure out how to get my upper lip to look a little big bigger. Randy pointed out to me when we were dating it is a little thin when I smile, 7 years later I am still trying to 'fix' this. I am also checking to make sure there are no boogers, dirt, kid goo, or anything else that shouldn't be there on me.
My husband and I have a mirror in our bedroom that is on the wall that our bed faces, so in bed at night we lay there and talk and make faces. New expressions, all sorts of different things. My kids do it too. They love to see themselves everywhere they go, if they catch a glimpse of themselves they are excited. They come by it honestly. It is a total crack up for me to watch, and I wonder do people notice me doing this? I must look like a vain idiot! But I can't stop.
Do you do this? If you do, do you think others notice? Do you notice people doing this?

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

I hate looking at myself, so I don't do this. But I have seen others doing it.

emlouisa said...

Yup. Guilty. Don't tell.

ShelahBooksIt said...

Not me. I shirk from the mirror-- especially when naked. I can't help overanalyzing the imperfections.

MusicalMom said...

I don't...

I've never even though about doing that, actually. lol