Sunday, February 19, 2006

RED

Red, it has been a favorite color of mine forever. It is bold, and vibrant. It makes a statement. My friend Ubercyl issued a challenge to write about our favorite color as a kid.
I got a new bike when I was little, and I couldn't have a girls bike with the streamers, and the basket because my Dad thought they were junk, but I could get a nice boys BMX bike, so I got my Red Univega. It freaking rocked! I had the matching pads on it and white tires, and an awesome red seat. It was a bold color and it stood out among all the other girlie bikes, and the boys BMX bikes that were dark colors. I could do it all. Red has always been a color I could put on and feel like I could do it, it gives me confidence. I am wearing red in my prom pictures, my senior pictures, and many other pictures. Once I get moved I plan on painting the walls in my kitchen red. Red is empowering for me. I think another reason I really like red is it looks good on me. Every time I wear it I am complimented on it. It works great with my coloring, so what is not to love?
It is amazing what one color will do, I really like all colors, especially bold ones, they draw attention and make a statement about who you are. I love painting, and I am always drawn to put some sort of red in for a statement. It is vivacious and alive. I think it describes me, bold and willing to just be, and say what I want. I haven't always been like this, I used to worry more about what others thought and if they liked me, and if I was okay. I found the Red in me and embraced it, and let it take over, that may seem kind of weird, but red fits me.
What color brings back memories for you? What color are you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you are a very beautiful gal.. And red does look good on you.. alas... what doesn't.

Rachelle said...

I love red. I am a red person, but not in personality. In personality, I am more blue and such. But I love a good red!

Andrea said...

I always wanted a BMX but had a second-hand girly bike :(

Becky said...

Red is a great color! So vibrant! And I think that is perfect for you!

Lei said...

I love red, too Lee! It sounds like it suits you very well. :)