If only you could have been a fly on the wall. I wish I knew what the other people were thinking that were listening.
I hate taking my kids into public women's bathrooms. Seriously cannot stand it. I always try to get Randy to take them, so I don't have to go into them with my kids. It isn't that I hate wiping their tushies, or anything else. It is that you go into a women's bathroom and there in the stall right at the perfect grabbing level for busy hands is the box. We all not what it is, the disposal for sanitary napkins. Uh.. did you ever think about that name people? Sanitary.. I don't think so! Who came up with that name? There is nothing sanitary about that. And napkins.. yeah right like they are anything like any napkin I ever used for dinner.
I take Little Miss into the bathroom at Barnes and Noble and she is oh so curious about everything in there, and she just has to touch EVERYTHING.
Now I am not one of those germ-a-phobia Mom's, I will let my kids eat off the floor at home, and I know dirt isn't going to hurt them. My kids would drop their binkies I would quickly pop it in my mouth and back in theirs. But the women's bathroom just is gross. Little Miss sees the fancy silver box and is like Oh.. Momma.. what is that? And being the Mom that I am, I respond with, that is GROSS! You do not want to touch that you could get very very sick and have to go to the hospital. She looks at me wide eyed and says oh.. it Yucky? Umm.. yes honey it is yucky.. very very yucky. Then while she is on the toilet she starts to want to touch every part of the seat. She started ripping the seat protector to see the toilet seat. Come on kid, it is a toilet seat we have three of them at home, they aren't that cool there, and they aren't that great here either. And who knows what germs are on them!! It is a busy day at Barnes and Noble!! So finally she finishes her business and then it is my turn. Yes I had to go too.
I tell her she cannot go out while Mommy is on the potty. She smiles sweetly and replies, Oh the floor is dirty too huh Momma? Me can't crawl under? Me get sick? Too which I have to say That is right sweety, don't crawl under the garbage is overflowing and there are people waiting and yeah you'll get sick. So I finish up and she looks at me sweetly and says Momma, me wipe you? Umm gee kid, thanks for the offer but I don't think so. She happily says okay, let's go and while I am getting everything pulled up decides now is the right time to open the door. No Little Miss Don't touch that!! I quickly get zipped and buttoned and go out relieved that no one is at the sink, there is soap and we can quickly leave and I pray that we are done with public bathrooms for a while. And next time Randy is taking her. The Men's doesn't have a sanitary napkin disposal, he can send her out to me while he goes pee, I don't mind one bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
OT: It's called "Oh So Pink" from Lowe's. We called it "Oh NO Pink" the first few days it was up becaue it was a bit overwhelming. It looks much better with furniture and stuff in the room. If I were actually picking the color (instead of my 6 year old), I'd probably got a teeny bit lighter.
I think the men's bathrooms are worse...wouldn't want my kid sitting on those toilet seats! Not to mention that that every surface has probably been peed on...floors, walls, toilet seat, door...you name it! Public bathrooms in general are just NOT fun!
oh,the fun things we experience as mothers. I LOL when I read your blog cause I've been there and done that and can totally relate!!!!
i am master of the hold the child with one arm, unbutton your pants and shimmy them down and squat and go- wriggle back up one handed- I can't bear to turn them loose-or setting them down- It is a special skill-- anything to avoid the nastiness!
Post a Comment