Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Therapy, at times it is much needed.

This morning Little Man was more worried about playing his Leapster and being all pokey. Pre-School starts at 9:30 and well at 9:29 he was still in his pajamas with me saying it is time to get moving child. I was less than thrilled with his behavior and the fact that his ears were "broken". Finally he agreed to get the clothes on I had out for him and get ready, and he realized he wouldn't be the first one there! *Gasp* I had told him that a few times but suddenly when he looked at the clock he got it. Quickly we rush to the van.. and off to Pre-School!! I drop him off give him a quick hug and kiss, and gladly drive away. Have fun on your field trip while Little Miss and I have fun on ours. I was in need of some therapy. Seriously ready to wring his neck this morning!!

Off to therapy (the mall), what better place to get therapy? A little retail therapy always seems to do the trick. And today, the sales seemed to be even better. With Gymbucks I happily went to Gymboree and did something I normally don't do, I bought for next fall and winter. Great deals, I bought tons of stuff for my kiddos! Then on the Gap, which anyone who knows me knows that I love Gap. Seriously. Love it. Did you know they had their down coats for $19.99 today, regularly $98.00. Smokin' deal. Who wouldn't feel better finding deals like that. Needless to say I came home with a new down coat, along with a new one for Randy. I got a few killer deals on stuff for the kids and I felt sufficiently relaxed, and decided the damage I had done was plenty and I was ready to go get Little Man from Pre-School and enjoy a nice day together.

I picked up Little Man and so far so good. He is happier and more willing to use those great ears on his head. Realizing that Mom does know what she is talking about. And my little trip to the mall left me more relaxed and less stressed. A little more ready to just chill. Retail therapy.. I think I might be addicted.

5 comments:

TJDKG said...

hey i want to see what you got!!! lol.

Amanda said...

Hey Lee! I saw your post on the MB. e-mail me at beadwithme@adelphia.net and let me know if you are using PS or PSE. I think you're pretty close, but the pic could probably use a little more contrast, yet her white shirt looks a little blown. anyway, let me know...
~amanda

Dixie Chic said...

Yeah, time for some pics of your deals! I am SUCH a shopaholic! I totally agree about how theraputic it is. The euphoric feeling you get when you come home with new items- especially when you get lots of great deals like that. What a shopper!

tharker said...

Okay, so I saw your name on the LDS blogsite, and found ya! Your kiddos are getting so big! Sounds like a great day at the mall too!

Rachelle said...

You make me so jealous because you get to shop in real stores. I have deal envy, shopping envy, and town envy at the moment.