Monday, September 24, 2007

Drug Free and Proud to Be!

Today is my first day not on pain pills. I am so glad to be "here" again and not feeling half crazy. I seriously hate the feeling of being out of it, and I have no idea why anyone would EVER do that for fun. YUCK! My shingles are scabbing up nicely. The pain is dulling significantly. I took a couple of Advil today and it kept things at bay. Little Man came home today and said, "Are you better or still sick." I said, "Better!" He got excited and said, "I knew it! You are better, that's great Mom!" Always nice when they are enthused that Mom is back to the land of the living.

So a couple of thank yous. To all of my wonderful friends who called to check in and offered to run errands and help out. Thanks! It made my day to feel so loved. Sorry for the groggy drugged state and anything I might have said that was inappropriate. The filter was OFF. Thanks Randy for being so great and picking up what I wasn't able to do. For being so kind and just your wonderful, awesome self! Seriously it was a great relief to not have to worry about everything. And thanks to my Mom, who is the BEST MOM EVER!!!!! Seriously, even Randy agrees! She came over and cleaned, did laundry, took care of Little Miss, took care of me, and was just wonderful! It is nice to feel loved, and to feel so important.

This week I am laying low.. getting all I need to get done, and just making sure my body is whole and rested. Then next week life will go into full swing and all the craziness I thrive on will be back!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Yea! I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Melissa said...

Hurrah! Glad to hear you're on the mend!!

Allison said...

Hooray! Welcome back! We missed you!

My Three Sons said...

So glad you are feeling better and I wish I had known sooner, I would have helped out with something! Maybe you're in for a long run of health now!

Jen said...

So glad that you are feeling better! Hope you continue to recover and enjoy being back in the "real world". :)

Jen

The Bloxham Bunch said...

Yeah! Still, call if you need anything!

EarlGirl said...

Shingles sound horrible! It's good to hear you'll be back soon.

lackrik said...

So glad you're doing better!!! Hope it continues that way.....

g said...

I just caught up with your other posts. You've been through a lot these past few weeks--I'm so sorry :( I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better.