President Thomas S. Monson, Prophet, Seer, and Revelator. I am overjoyed at the news of our new beloved Prophet, of his Counselors President Henry B. Eyring, and President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
I remember the first time I really noticed President Monson December 1988, the Christmas Devotional he gave a talk and related the story From Lucas To Santa, I loved the story, and during the broadcast we were no longer able to hear the whole talk that he was giving. I wanted to hear the rest, I was 8 and I fell in love with President Monson. I wrote him, and he wrote me back and included a copy of his talk. I was thrilled, and poured over it many times reading it, and devouring every word that he had written. He cared enough about me to send me his talk so I could hear the whole message. I wrote him a few more times and each time I requested that when I was in Utah next that I would love to meet him. That question was never answered. I was naive, I figured anyone could go visit him! I have each letter that he wrote me. I adore President Monson, and have no doubt that he has been called by God. He is a chosen Prophet and will go forward with this great work.
I am excited that my kids will know him as their Prophet and hope that he will impact their lives as much as he did mine. My heart is full. I know that our Heavenly Father is so aware of each of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That is an awesome story, it seems that he is always aware of others needs. Even a 9 yr olds request for a talk!
That is a great story. How cool that you have all of those letters.
That is an awesome story. That is great that you have such a personal connection to Pres. Monson. We had an FHE on the new presideny tonight. It was great. Nathaniel was like "President Monson is the new Prophet" but Caleb just kept laughing at Pres. Uchdorf (or however you spell that) name, he thought it was really funny. Kids, what are you going to do.
How sweet that he wrote you back. That's so neat!
I'm so excited about the new presidency too. Uchdorf was a shock! A good one, but surprising nonethe less.
Post a Comment