Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Love At Home

On Saturday I had the chance to go and watch a broadcast of the World Wide Leadership Training for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I will admit I wasn't exactly excited to go, I wanted to just have some alone time with my husband. But I am extremely glad that I went.

Some thing I remember, and really liked.

-The family is important, more important than all of the extra-curricular activties you can put your children in.
-We shouldn't be selfish, too many people think they need more ME time when we need more family time. We need to do more service for those in our family and others.
-No matter where we are we will have family, our ward becomes our family. Every ward you can find a Grandma for your children.
-Family Home Evening, Scripture Study, and Prayers will help keep our children strong.
-Love at Home, first thing we need to learn. (I love this, I want my home to be a haven a peace, somewhere that is away from the World and place where people feel the Spirit.)
-The World has always been evil and wicked, that is why we have the gospel, we shouldn't fear raising our kids in the world they are blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ.

There are so many more. It was uplifting and edifying. I walked away knowing that I can raise my children to grow up righteously. The Lord is so aware of us, and of the struggles we go through and He has provided many helps for us along the way. The Family A Proclamation to the World was inspired by God. He is helping us if we will look and reach out. I needed this meeting more than I knew. I am grateful for parents who offered to watch our kids so we could attend, and my husband who was more than willing to go.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It was wonderful wasn't it. We are so blessed to have such inspired guidance!!

Heather said...

I really liked the meeting too. As always, it was everything I needed to hear.

hatch said...

First of all thanks for the invite. It is always fun to hear from you!
The other day I was at the store with my kids and there was a group of older people in one of the aisles talking about how if they were young today they would not have kids because this world is such a horrible place. I felt so sad for them. It made me thankful for the my knowledge about the gospel. We are really blessed!

tharker said...

I was bummed that we weren't able to go. Thanks for some great insights.

Lisa Christine said...

What great wisdom. I agree with everything! Especially the part about every ward having grandma's....our girls have like 4 or 5 adoptive grandma's in our ward that they go and sit with. And these lovely ladies bring them things to color and yummies like fruit snacks. Thanks for sharing what you learned!

Kim said...

I was so glad that I went too. Everything that was said was exactly what I needed to hear. I had a wonderful experience while I watched it and know without a doubt that I need to make a major adjustment!!!