Monday, February 18, 2008

Sitting at the Stop Light

Do you ever pull up to a stoplight glad the light is red so you can fix your makeup, pick that booger, eat that fry that fell? I think a lot of people do.

I was recently sitting at a stoplight and watching as these teenage girls next to me we fixing their makeup, and caking it on. I giggled. I remember riding with my cousins who would do that.. me I put my makeup on once, it had better last all day!

I looked at another car and saw this guy eating his food, and then sticking his head down coming up with another fry, and I giggled again. There you all know I point and laugh at people. (Okay no pointing, but you get the point. Flame me!) Seriously when you are driving and eating you always drop something you wanted to get in your mouth.

Then there was this pretty fancy looking lady who was all alone.. or so she thought and there she was picking her nose. Guess what?? I giggled again. And you know you have done it, we all have done it. Who doesn't pick their nose from time to time, little did she know I was watching and just cracking myself up.

And then there is me. Sitting in my AWESOME minivan and rocking out, dancing to the music sitting at the stop light singing my little heart out. Who do you think everyone else was pointing and laughing at? Me.

16 comments:

tharker said...

I love people watching while I'm sitting in my van.

MadMadameMim said...

That was great. I have watched others at the stop light from time to time. I love it when you are driving along someone and they are singing or whatever and you are watching and then they look over. I totally laugh out right, I don't usually get teh same response. :)

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

I am definitely a car singer. It was a happy day when I realized it didn't matter to me if anyone caught my show. Now the nose picking thing.....

Jessica said...

Great post! I love watching people too! I always wonder if people see me taking to my kids but can't see my kids so wonder if I am talking to myself? Oh well, I guess we all do weird things huh?

Jennica said...

people watching is fun. I did it yesterday, a girl was jamming out in her car. The way she was dressed did match the music she was singing to at all. love it.

Jen said...

You crack me up. I love to sing in my car...although my kids are starting to tell me I can't. Sad day...what is it about being in a car with all those windows but people can still feel like no one can see them?

Allison said...

That is hilarious! I usually space out at red lights. Tracie and Jayce have both seen me at different times and said I looked like I was in a trance! Anything to escape reality for a few minutes, I guess!

Heather said...

I guess I don't drive enough to even hit red lights....

Lisa Christine said...

This is the best post I have read in a long time. You are honest and true. We all do those things and yes it's so fun to watch those around us. hhmmmm...I wonder who gets a laugh out of me???

Shmobby said...

Ha this totally cracked me up! You are awesome. I don't remember the last time I watched someone else at a stop light. I am usually wiping my kids bogies or telling them to "roll your window back up, it's RAINING!!!" or telling one of the big kids to take their gum back out of the baby's mouth. Good stuff like that. But when I get a chance, I will be sure to look for such funny things...

PS - hadn't read for a couple of days and just got all caught up. Have to tell you how much I love your blog - you have the most optimistic point of view. So sorry about Ainslee. That sounds horrible and sad, but glad she is doing so much better.

Dawn said...

Oh Lee you are so funny. I can just see you rockin out to some music in the mini, I am a people watcher too, but most of the time they catch me laughing then I get too embarassed. Here's to the funny things we do in our cars!

Life ticks on said...

I love it. I sing at the lights too. I spend a lot of time in my car so I see lots too. Its fun I love when little cars pull up next to me so I can see them but they cant really see me. Gotta love trucks.

Sonja said...

I love people watching! I have a pair of funny glasses that I wear when I pull up to stop lights (has a big nose, mustache, eye brows). It's fun to make people laugh.

cate create said...

Loved this post! It was so funny and true. You're always good for a laugh, and this was a great way to end my day - thanks!

KP said...

I don't watch others cause I don't want them catching me watching them. But, I think I need to tone down the singing a bit. I've had a few looks. And I talk to myself and it drives Libby crazy. She is always like "what did you say, MOm?" Then when I tell her I was talking to myself she sighs as if saying "oh, that again!"

AOlson said...

This was a great read!! I giggled through the whole thing becasue you are right we have all done it and we all love to people watch!!