That is how much it cost me to fill my van with gas today. Does that even seem right? I remember back when Randy and I were married in 1999 it was 98 cents a gallon. Now it is $.3.93 today and going up. When gas hit $2.00 I thought it was ridiculous. And hearing that it will go over $5 this summer is just crazy. Thankfully not everything has increased by 400% in the past 9 years. But I do know that I am definitely watching how much I drive and trying to conserve as much as possible. One good thing about not living by family or really having friends I pretty much stay home all the time and just hang out in my house. I drive less. Since moving here I have now filled up twice. Not too shabby.
What about you? How much was your last fill up? And what are you doing about it?
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
$61.57 but we don't let it drop below a 1/4 tank. i hear as soon as your tank hits 1/4 its considerably less fuel efficient.
i'm just plain trying not to go places i don't have to. freaking money grubbing oil companies!
I actually don't remember but if I filled it all the way up on todays price it would cost about $92, yikes! I don't drive much either.
I have a fantasy about driving an electric car past the gas station and mooning them as I drive by. I would seriously do it! Or I would want to, anyway.
I finally filled up this morning...$80.50...and the gas light had only barely turned on. Ugh. It's my drive week and the posted gas prices are freakin' me out! On my non-drive weeks I just stay at home... so sad!
I only fill up once every two weeks...at $100 a pop. Why don't they make hybreds for families of 7-10?
my last fill up was $118!!! I turn the car off in the car pick-up line at school. And I have one day a week I do all my errands and then the other days I stay home. Right now with getting things done at our new house I've been driving more than I normally would. Oh and as soon as all the mortgage stuff is done and set up with the bank we are getting Tim a commuter car (right now we both drive Suburbans) and that should really really cut down on our fuel costs. (Tim drives 40 mi round trip to work everyday)
It clicked off at 75.00 and gave me 1/2 a tank. This suburban is killing me. And I am trying to plan a trip to canada.... I might need to sell a kid or two first.
It cost me nearly $60 and I'm like you, I remember when it was so cheap when we were dating.
I stay home which isn't too bad because I'm a homebody already. I try to only go out once a week and when I go I try to do everything I can. After we sell our house we might buy a scooter.
Earlgirl, you crack me up!!!
When gas hit $2.50 a gallon I quite looking at hhow much it costs so imagine my shock when for some reason I actually noticed the other day $72. The sad part is I fill up every week. My kids are only getting more busy and I am doing more driving. I'm looking forward to less in the summer but have doubts that it will pan out. I guess thats the price you pay for living 25 miles from everything.
Post a Comment