Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

This one goes out to my Mom. This is the first Mother's Day I haven't spent with my Mom. And I miss her greatly.

Happy Mother's Day Mommy!
I love you because you are always there for me, and will talk when I just need to talk.
I love you for being the kind of Grandma I had growing up, and always making my kids feel like a million bucks!
I love you for loving my husband like he is your own son.
I love you for always having time for us no matter how busy you are.
I love you for being the best Mom anyone could ask for, and for the example that you have taught.
I love you for teaching me to look on the bright side of things. (Especially lately!)
I love you for being my Mom.
I love you for your patience and kindness you have always shown me.
I love you because I can giggle with you over silly things.
I love you for being not only my Mom, but an awesome friend.
I love you because even though this move has been hard you are always so supportive and encouraging.
I love you because you get teary eyed when you see my kids.
I love you for the quiet reassurances that I still need.
I love you for the prayers you offer in my behalf.
I love you for the quiet service you offer.
I love you for being the best Mom in the Universe.
I love you for teaching me to be a better Mom because of your example.

I love you Mommy. I hope your Mother's Day is wonderful and that someone makes you a wonderful dinner. I wish I was there to hug you and see you. You are one of the best people I know, and I can't wait to see you next month. Love you Mommy.

5 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

what a sweet post. I'm sure your mom appreciates it, you do have a great Mom :)!

Lisa Christine said...

You do have a wonderful Mother....I adore her. So talented!!!

MamaBird said...

I LOVE this "ode" to your mom. It really is beautiful. It is easy to see your adoration of her -and feel that you are very close!

Alinde said...

you really are a sweet heart. i love this.

Allison said...

Now that was sweet. I can't wait for you to get back here and hug her.