The old man is snoring...
Indiana gets a lot of rain.. at least that is what I had been told. And now I have experienced it. OH. MY. GOODNESS. It's not rain. Rain is light. This is like a bucket being poured on you. Hello, that isn't rain. That is something much different than anything I am used to.
Take yesterday for instance. Back home if it was sprinkling no big deal you could plant flowers and be fine. I decided to plant 6 dozen petunia's yesterday and it was sprinkling when I started. I kid you not 5 minutes later it was bucketing. Not raining, bucketing. In 1 minutes I was drenched. I am kind of a die hard. I don't like to stop mid project and since I was already drenched I might as well finish what I started. And right as I finished the it went back to raining, and the bucketing stopped. Nice huh? My neighbor came out and was curious why I stayed out through the rain. She had watched and was surprised to see me out there with my daughter digging away.. I guess I am stubborn.. determined.. strong-willed. One of those.. or maybe all 3.
The rain continued.. light and normal in a non-weird fashion. Then I went to basketball last night. Upon leaving the bucketing started again. And I am not sure it has stopped.
Today Little Man had a field trip to the Zoo. And Little Miss and I were meeting them there so we could join in the fun. We stopped at Target on our way and purchased the kids umbrella's.. something they have begged for forever, but never needed. Needless to say they are thrilled. I refused to buy myself one I couldn't justify spending over $40 on umbrella's in one day. I figure I can totally handle getting wet, it's just water. Little Miss and I stayed for few hours and then decided we were both soaked enough and came home. The bucketing just won't stop!! And while I am talking about the Zoo.. they have cows at the Zoo. And Horses. Since when are they at the Zoo? I giggled at it. Hello city-folk. When it is nice I will do a full Zoo post and take pictures to show off the fantastic Zoo we do have.
Back to this bucketing.. we are supposed to get even more tomorrow! I have heard we should get over 2" of water just today. Crazy huh? I keep meaning to get pictures, but I want a nice rain, not bucketing. Then I could have some fun with the kids.. Or I need warm weather and the bucketing would work.
And now for your new vocabulary word, Bucketing, when water falls from the sky like a bucket being poured on your head. It is similar to rain but in mass quantities freakishly strange and unnatural. Something that will drench you in under one minute and make you wonder what planet you are really on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
hehe. I dunno...get yourself an umbrella and take advantage of the bucketing for some fun photo ops of the kids. And lol at the cows and horses at the zoo.
ROFL. You might not like FL then. It rains EVERY SINGLE DAY from June-Nov. I think your raining is what post people call misting or drizzling.
I like the bucketing term- perfect description
It was so good to talk to you again! Angie and I were talking last night, and we agreed that you add so much spice and life to wherever you are. We're decidedly more bland without you.
That person above me stole my remark.
I like "bucketing". Good term.
I'm not sure which I'd rather have, Seattle rain or Indiana rain. It was pretty steady in Seattle and lasted for hours (or weeks in some cases). However, it seems that bucketing is just a few minutes of drenching and then it's done. Tough call....
Either way, I'm like you. If I start a project outside, nothing besides extreme pain is going to keep me from finishing. Way to stick it out! :)
WELCOME TO THE EAST! I remember growing up I was always amazed by the different weather events around the country. We live in the deseret now. All we get is wind but it is amazing to be outside and look at the horizon and see a dark wall of dust that is being blown by a 50mph wind. It is the weather you drop everything and get the kids in the house.
Oh my heavens! That is CRAZY! I've never been there, but yikes that is bad, and you have such a great sense of humor about it....about everything. I love it. (smile) you're AWESOME!
Post a Comment