Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kool-Aid

My wonderful Sister-in-Law was visiting just recently and I had just purchased Kool-Aid, because it was only 10 cents each, and dude I can hoard a lot of that, for just a little dough. I was on cloud 9 buying all of this yummy Kool-Aid. Okay.. back to the point.

The kiddos were thrilled that I had bought Kool-Aid and they helped me pick out the hundreds of packets we bought. And then they chose the flavor we were going to make that day to enjoy. I can't even remember what kind it was.. it was red so who knows?? The kids were in heaven, my husband was happy, my nephews were digging it, it was good. Then Julie had to go and get some, take a drink and was like YUCK! This is just nasty, way too sugary sweet and not worth the calories. Whatever. Too sweet? Who has heard of too sweet? Seriously who thinks things are too sweet? Not me. I pretty much like sugar in all shapes and forms. If it is sweet sign me up baby. And really Kool-Aid can't be that bad for you can it? We all need some Red dye in us, it helps keep our blood red.. right?

But now I do think twice before I have a big glass.. is it worth the calories?? Dang you Julie! I have to think before enjoying my sugary goodness. And how do you think that being married into my sugar-addicted family. At least I will have something totally good and sweet when everyone runs out of food. And I have the sugar to make it. Thank you new hobby.

5 comments:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

I have to agree with your SIL -- you know I love you, but Kool-Aid is nasty, completely void of nutrition, and full of chemicals.

Water all the way!

I still love reading this hoarding chronicles, though.

Sonja said...

Kool-Aid is the all American drink! I add Sucanut instead of sugar, at least I feel better about drinking it that way (or I can rationalize really well).

smart mama said...

it is tasty- i always add a packet to my playdough to make it smell good and be pretty- another reason for FS

AOlson said...

Until just recently I was a Kool-Aid LOVER too. Then I switched to crystal light becasue of the calories, and then tried Kool-Aid again. It was way Too sweet for me. It's a sad day when Kool-Aid is too sweet. Does that mean I am a grown-up now? Scary!!

yennu said...

It sound like you guys are settling down quite nicely. We miss you around these parts. The carpool is so quite without Dallin. This entry reminds me of the comercial about the flavored water with all the calories and how many stairs they have to climb or steps they have to walk to burn off one bottle. It is a lot of steps and stairs. I like to eat my calories instead of drink them. Nothing beats an ice cold drink on a hot, hot day though.