Friday, May 23, 2008

Peer Pressure

I finally succumbed to peer pressure. For a year I have been told I should read the Twilight series. I have resisted, I didn't want to read about Vampires, not my cup of tea. And finally some one handed me the first book to read. I took it resistant sure that it was going to be BORING. I am sure you can see where this is going...
I finally after having it for a few days started to read it. And then I kept reading it, and it was just awesome. And then I ran to Wal-Mart.. okay I drove and bought Book 2 and ordered number 3 from Amazon, and also ordered the Host. They arrive today! I finished book 2 last night and I am anxious to read the next book. They are great and taking all of my free time.
If you are fighting reading them, just give up. Read it, join in the obsession. I am glad I waited until now.. Book 4 is out in August. I can't wait!

10 comments:

Allison said...

I've read the first three and am looking forward to the 4th, but I wouldn't call myself obsessed yet. Edward, however, is so dreamy...I just had to say that!

Kim said...

I waited too. I could put them down and I wasn't obsessed but after finishing the 3rd one and watching the movie trailer, I'm getting pretty excited for the 4th book and the movie.. also, if you get a chance, Stephanie Meyer has the first chapter of Twilight from Edward's perpective- now that I probably won't be able to put down. I thought Bella was annoying.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

My issue is that I'm reading The Historian - a not nice vampire book. Don't know if I can downshift this fast. I'm still resisting. I know I'll like them. I just have to get over this book first.

Jen said...

I am SO not a vampire kind of person. I hate vampire movies/books etc so I waited to read them too. I was surprised that I actually liked them. I tried to get my husband to read them for kicks and to see what he thought since he has read lots of "real" vampire books, but when I described them to him he just laughed and told me no way. :)

smart mama said...

they are good reads-I first read them on the beach in puerto rico last year

Jessica said...

Hey there! I found your blog off Jessica B's list--I can't believe you're in Indiana! We're in Kansas City--how do you like the midwest? It has it's perks, but a little different. I liked your post about the buckets of rain--I always thought that was so fake when I'd see it in movies! But it totally rains like that here, too. You should email me so I can invite you to my blog: jessicacorbaley@yahoo.com.

Jessica said...

Oh yea--I liked the books, but I need to read them again because I read them too fast. I was trying to finish them for a book club and so I stayed up WAY late reading, so now I don't remember half of what happened. They made me feel like a teenager again--young love! I'm excited for the movie!

Sonja said...

Welcome to the twilight club :)

Life ticks on said...

Arent they awesome! haha I put off reading them until January. So I am like you waiting on the next one. I am going to go to the store to preorder the 4th one I hate the mail. It seems everytime I pre order a book via amazon on opening day... the mail service breaks down and it doesnt get there until way after 6 on the day its due out. SOOO I will gladly hit the store. It is a very popular book which is funny seeing as its way popular among even those who are not LDS who usually favor the ones with more blood, gore, sex etc. Anyways my 13 yr old loves them too. She finished them before me because of my class schedule.

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

I have been having a good chuckle over this entry...I am so the same when it comes to REALLY popular books. I resist following the crowd- It took me forever to give in and read Harry Potter. After I read Twilight (all three in three days)I didn't want anyone to know I had succumbed, but then had a huge need to share them with all of my friends. So embarrassing.

Do you know the first chapter to
#4 comes out in 4 days as an addition to a printing of Eclipse?