Monday, January 01, 2007

"Real Life"

I don't want to go back to "Real Life", I want to enjoy 10 more days of my husband home. We had such a great Christmas, New Year's, and days in between I am not ready for it to be over. I enjoyed every minute of having our family together and just enjoying one another's company, especially having Randy with me so much! He is truly my best friend and my better half. I am sad he is going back to work tomorrow and we are going back to real life. Little Man goes back to Preschool, and on Wednesday Randy flies out for a business trip, thankfully it is just one night, but still!! I have been totally spoiled having him home so much.

I know some people go crazy being together that much, but the more I am around him the more I love him. It is times like these that make me anxious for us to grow old and retire and just have time together for eternity. To have someone who gets me, and as he says "knows me better than I know me." One day that will be my real life. But until then, I will enjoy the real life I have. But I will also enjoy the moments we have to just enjoy each other and to enjoy our family!

3 comments:

smart mama said...

I totally agree- when allen worked at home for a year people used to comment that being around their husband that much would drive them crazy-- I always used to say i marreid him because i like being with him!!

Kim said...

Amen to everything you said! Jeff was home for 11 days and I cried when he went back yesterday. I love having him home. We had tons of fun talking and staying up late.

Dixie Chic said...

YES!! I'm able to post!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!

Lol.

My sentiments exactly. Benji had taken a lot of time off work to be home around Christmas and New Years, and now it's back to the daily grind. There was a huge difference between him being home when he didn't have work, (with no money coming in) and then being home when he had a check coming. It was heaven this time around, and we were so happy being together, being around each other. When he left for work I felt so lonely all of the sudden. Lol. I don't care for "real" life too much, either- especially when we were able to live through a couple of weeks worth of "fantasy", with everyone in the Christmas Spirit. Too bad that diminishes once the New Year starts.

And while I have the chance to post just to YOU on YOUR blog (lol), I'd like to say that I think you are one awesome girl. I love your outlook on life, your husband, your children, your friends. Your kids are SO dang beautiful, and the pics you take are awesome! You are a very optimistic and upbeat gal, and it puts a smile on my face to read your blog. Just so you know, I check your blog everyday, but am not able to get to post most times (my computer must hate me). So- there ya have it. Just wanted you to know that I think you ROCK.