And I would be complete. I am feeling old. Really old. What would make me feel so old? Saturday afternoon, after my wonderful Lupus Walk, I went to the Doctor. I had found these weird spots on my back. When Randy looked at them he informed me I was going to the Dr. After waiting for 1 hour to see the Dr, I was diagnosed with Shingles. I wasn't sure what to do, so I said All I need is blue hair, a walker and dentures and I am set. And I started laughing. We had to go through a process of figuring out what to give me and how to adjust my other medicines, but I ended up with Valtrex. I was like ummm.. I have seen the commercials for that drug.. it is for herpes.. those other kind of herpes. I don't have herpes. I learned that Shingles is a form of herpes, so are Chicken Pox. Home I went with my Valtrex. And then I informed my friends that I was going to be home for a while since I was now 80.
Today I called my Rheumy to follow up with him and he said I needed some pain pills. This hurts.. more than I ever thought it would. My Mom and I go to pick up my meds and I get this bottle and I was like this is huge for pain meds. Normally when you get pain meds you get 20-30 pills tops. When I looked at the bottle I started laughing. It is one of the largest prescription bottles I have seen. Guess how many pills I got? 120. Evidently this is supposed to hurt a lot.. and for a while. Sounds like fun huh? I am really hoping to not need them that long. I despise the drugged feeling. But I do enjoy being able to sleep. And Randy will like me having sound sleep and not trying to smother him in my sleep. Evidently I couldn't get comfy and I put my pillow over his face the other night and he woke up gasping for air. Oops!
For the next little bit it looks like I am going to be hanging out at home. Hopefully these blasted things will go away quickly. But if not.. I will enjoy the week of rest after my last two crazy weeks. Enjoy the down time and the chance to catch up on some much needed rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
That totally stinks. I hope you recover quickly!
Wow Lee, that's a bummer! I've heard that shingles are awful! I know there's more risk of getting them if you've had chicken pox, but I wonder why some people get them while others don't? I hope you are able to recover soon and that your pain meds/ other meds will kick in and clear things up. good luck!
Holy cow, Lee, how random! I hope those pills serve you well.
Sending positive recovery thoughts your way. Glad you have your massive bottle of pain meds.
Don't feel TOO old... my brother had them when he was 6 years old. It's really rare for a little kid to get them, but he's always been one to do things his way ;)
I remember they hurt him, so I'm glad you've got some pain meds. Hopefully you won't have to use very many and you'll be back on your feet soon!
Bummer! Glad you didn't come down with them before last weekend, though. Glad to hear that went well, too.
I hope you feel better soon!!!
Hope you feel better soon! I did have to laugh about you now being 80 years old!
((HUGS))
Hope it clears up soon!
Post a Comment