November 20th I took my van into the shop to get the transmission looked at. I had no idea that after 22 days it would still be there. My life has been weirdly moving forward but feeling as if everything is on hold for these 22 days.
I have not set foot in the mall since Black Friday, just a few days after I took my van to the shop. I think that is a record for me. I haven't felt ready for Christmas or like I am in the full Christmas Spirit. This is my favorite time of the year, but I have been stressed this year.
We bought our Dodge Grand Caravan last year and I also purchased an extended warranty from SmartAutoWarranty.com. I knew Dodge's were FAMOUS for their WONDERFUL transmissions, I would cover myself. And after having it for one year it needed a new one. Normally getting a new transmission would take a day or two right? Yeah not with our wonderful warranty company.
First they had to send a guy out to verify that it did indeed need a new transmission. It took a few days. And then we had to order one from Georgia. Like I have time to just wait for my van to just sit in the shop transmissionless, and with the wheels off. It was supposed to be done a week ago. I was anxious but trying to be patient. I went in and checked and the transmission was lost. Hopefully to be here this week. First how the heck do you lose a transmission? Seriously! And Second didn't you think maybe you should be paying better attention than to just leave it on a shipping dock. It's not like this was a small box that was easily misplaced. Thankfully the company who sent it rented me a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan at the shipping companies expense! (It was nice!)
The transmission arrived on Monday evening. And the work to install it began yesterday.. it has take an while. But I should be picking my van up sometime today! WOO HOO! I can't wait to see my van with wheels on it and I am thrilled that I should have it and no longer be home bound or dependent on my friends who kindly drive me or pick up my children.
The Dodge dealership is excited that they will have their lift back after 22 days of me taking up one lift and slowing their efficiency down. And I can get in the Christmas mode with just 13 days until Christmas.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Car trouble is the worst! I hope that you really do get your van back today...
Me too. It's hard being carless.
I feel for you Lee - my car is back and working after being in our garage and Aaron spending long hours freezing over it. Maybe today is a MAGICAL day? Hope so.
I can't believe that it's been over 3 weeks!! That's so crazy. Hope you get it back today and have no more trouble for a VERY LONG TIME!
I'm sorry. You know I can commiserate with vehicle repairs taking ages, it totally stinks! It's sounds like the shipping company took your rental back? that is too bad. I hope you got it back today!
That is sooo obnoxious! We had a Dodge Stratus a while ago and had to replace the transmission as well...it was in the shop for over two weeks! I thought I was going to go nuts. Hopefully you can get back to your 'regularly scheduled' shopping soon!
Post a Comment