Little Man is 6. I just checked on him sleeping so sweetly with his favorite blankies, and it made me wonder where did the time go. It seems like only yesterday I was looking at him for the first time. Feeling as if I had known him forever. I am nostalgic for that time when he was a newborn. When I could just sit and hold him and enjoy every minute. That time past so quickly and now we are at another wonderful stage. He is still likes to sit on my lap and snuggle, but he is at school and a busy big boy.
I baked two batches of Cupcakes this morning, and his birthday cake. Check out my awesome cake decorating skills. Okay so I lack in that department. But it tasted so good! And Little Man thought the decorations ROCKED! And then I started our dinner, we had goose. Yes you read the goose. More details on that tomorrow or so. I had to get it in the crock pot by 11:00 so it would be ready for dinner. I had the last minute shopping for Little Miss to choose him his gift and I desperately needed wrapping paper.
After those errands then it was off to his school to take in the cupcakes. I took them to his Spanish classroom today. The kids were thrilled to see cupcakes! Little Man handed them out so politely asking each of his friends if they wanted Chocolate or Vanilla. His teacher had asked me to bring in a slide show of pictures of him, and also if I would read the kids a story in Spanish. Ummm.. sure. Have you heard me speak Spanish? I did it. And it wasn't horrible. It was El Oso. The Bear. I think he had me do it so he could get a chance to giggle at my horrendous non-Spanish Spanish.
Little Man came home and got a chance to open his presents! We ate our BBQ Goose dinner, and then had cake and ice cream! He loved all of his new toys and just getting to have a great time.
I am so proud of my Little Man. He is growing up and is so polite and kind. I had the chance to observe him doing Simon Says today in his Spanish Class. He was telling the kids all the directions in Spanish! I was amazed at how well he was doing it. It was a wonderful Mommy moment. He is my buddy. I am so grateful I am his mother. What a blessing for me.
Happy Birthday Little Man. I am so proud of you. And I love you more than you will ever know. Thanks for being my special boy. To the Sun, the Moon and back again I love you.



4 comments:
Happy Birthday Little Man! What a cute little guy. It goes so fast - and mine aren't even in school yet! Personally, I think your cake decorating skills rank right up there with...mine! Hope you guys had fun!
ps - won't hold the blood skills against you! :) the bruise isn't too bad.
Ahhh, they're getting so big! I love being in the Spanish classroom...it's amazing!
Oh, you didn't say how the BBQ goose turned out???
Happy Birthday to your Little Man!
Happy birthday Little Man!
Can you believe that our boys are 6? It's insane to me how fast time flies once we start having children.
I'm so glad that he had a great day. His face says it all!
It looks like little man had a great birthday. I thought your post was so sweet. It made me reflect more on the blessings my own sweet children are.
Post a Comment