I was blog surfing and came across a blog and there was a quote that someone had said about blogging. They were being encouraged to talk about more random personal things on their blog, and they felt they might sound like they were bragging or something. And that isn't who they are. And they were told "just the fact that I have a blog is very presumptuous and that I already have crossed the line, it doesn't matter what you say on it, you already think you are important enough that people will want to read it."
I read this about a month ago. And I keep thinking about it. Why do I blog? And I have come to realize I blog so I can remember what happened when. I love that I get comments, and people reading it. But I also didn't used to want ANYONE I knew in-real to know I had a blog. I let it slip once in front of my Sister in Law, Hi TAMMY! And I was mortified. But then I realized at least people can get to know me and all the craziness that is me through my blog. Because face it, I am pretty honest and open, and it all just falls out on the pages. I don't blog because I am a fantastic writer, who has a passion for writing and keeps you at the edge of your seat. ( That was an obvious statement I know.)
Many of my family members still have no idea I blog. I don't include it in my Christmas letters, I would have never told anyone in my ward but I did somehow and now I get comments at Church from people about stuff they read. Maybe I should censor myself but this is my history, and I am not going to apologize for being me. I like me! I love how I can go back and see where I was in all aspects of my life over the past almost two years. This is my most consistent journaling, record keeping I have ever had! AMAZING! But I really feel my blog is a place for me to get things out and sorted, to remember the great details about being 'The Mom' and overall remember my take on life.
Since I know I have many more readers than commenter's, stop in say Hi, you don't need to lurk. And let me know.. why do you blog?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I blog to keep in touch. That's my main reason, I think. I also love how it's become a journal of mine... a way to document the things my kids do and the way I'm feeling.
Ditto. I started my blog to keep my family up to date on what we are doing... and now I have two. One for family and one for me to write whatever.
Good question! I blog to keep my family and friends up to date on what's happening in our lives since we don't live nearby many of them. I don't know if any of them actually read my blog to find out...but it's there if they want to know. That's why I blog...not because I think I'm important or anything...I also love that I'm keeping a journal of sorts which is more than I've done in awhile.
I love you blog, and you know exactly why I blog. Because I moved away from you and you said I had to so after a year I finally caved. Plus now we have a family blog so that is interesting to check, we'll see if it keeps up.
Hey Lee! This doesn't have anything to do with this specific blog entry. I have just been a reader of yours for some time, and I am wanting to let all my LDS chicas know about a new blog that I (and some friends) have started. We're looking for readers, commenters, lurkers and contributors. Check it out!
http://modernmollymormon.blogspot.com/
I, too, like to keep my "worlds" from colliding. I've slowly told a few family members (ok, just my mom, lol) about my blog. I've had a couple real life friends "find" me accidentally and that's been kinda fun. Especially when you realize THEY have their own blog, too :)
I guess I blog to have a place to post pictures and ramble about the mundane things in my life. Like a journal, since I'm not so good at keeping a paper one lately.
Hey Lee, it's Kristen again. I need to add your blog to my google reader so it will update me when you make your posts. Anyway, I really liked this post about why you blog. I have decided that I blog for myself and to write down what happens in my family! I've noticed, which is kinda funny, that I have more comments when I blog about something totally random. When I write more about family experiences, nobody is really interested, but I don't care. I like having it written down the day that it happens. (or close to the date!) Anyway, thanks for the deep thinking tonight! I'll keep looking at your blog. It's very fun to read! And I don't even know you!
I love that you blog. I got inspired last month to start my own but I never even finished setting it up. Oh well. I might get more into it.
Post a Comment