Little Miss is my Princess. She is sweet, kind, silly, and just all around fun. She is the Fairest Princess of All the Land. We went to her 4 year old check-up today.. yeah I know that it is 6 months late. Our pediatrician is always so good with her and is very thorough.
Things about her, she is 42 inches, and is 38lbs fully clothed. She is over 4 inches taller than 16 months ago, and is 2lbs heavier than 8 months ago. She is the same size I was at that age. And has been since she was 6 months, we will see if this trend continues. She also had the privilege of getting 6 shots. Yes you read right. 6 lovely shots.
We had an X-Ray done to check her adenoids, they are wondering if taking them out would help in her clarity of speech, and also with her nasal sound, and the almost drooling at times. Hopefully we will get that back quickly and have an idea of what is going on with her. Allergies or Adenoid problem. Hopefully within a week we will know.
We are going in to have her speech re-evaluated. And honestly, I have mixed feelings on this. I am all about doing what needs to be done, and early intervention. But we have done so much already and we were released and done with it with her being at the 80th percentile for her age group. Right now we are looking for stronger clarity, and also proper use of pronouns and such. Basically we aren't from the backwoods, so she should speak without the "Is you going to do that" phrasing. I have prayed about what to do to help her and I know this is the right direction to just go see what needs to be done but I feel for her. There are times when people don't understand her and it makes her so sad. But by no fault of hers she talks fast.. and doesn't annunciate. Hmmm.. think she is like her Momma? When she slows down and takes her time she is clear and easy to understand. So maybe the adenoids are the answer, I felt strongly we needed to get them looked at. I just hate seeing things being harder for her. I want the best for her. And I know that if we are back to Speech that it will help. But I am hoping that the adenoids can help and we can be done. Time will tell.
Little Miss is my Princess. My Ballerina Princess as she likes to call herself. She is growing, learning, and she amazes me everyday. How did I get so lucky as to be her Mom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Removing the tonsils proved VERY helpful with my niece's speech progress. You're a great mom...she's lucky to have you! (And lucky that she'll probably end up all tall and cute like you, too!)
She is so great, I hope the speach thing gets figured out quickly and painlessly.
Little Miss is such a cutie. I hope that one of these two avenues will bring her even more success with her speech.
No one but me could understand Hannah until she was almost 4. She spoke the same way, very fast, no annunciating, and she slurred one word into the next. Of course I could understand every word that she said, so it puzzled me when people would question what she was saying. Thankfully in her case, the problem worked itself out. I look back and wonder if the reason that I could understand her so well was maybe that she spoke just like me!
If it is her adenoids, do not hesitate to have them removed. Scooter actually spoke very well but he was a terrible snorer. Once his tonsils and adenoids were gone and his ear tubes were in, the difference in his speech was amazing! The pitch of his voice was much less husky, he heard us better and his already adequate vocabulary skyrocketed!
I had to giggle, 'cause your 4yo is 8 pounds heavier than my 5yo. Of course, petite runs in my family -- I envy your height!
I am at my parents house in P-town. It would be great to see you, but we are only here until the 27th.
She is such a cutie, I keep cracking up over her when we saw enchanted.
Post a Comment