Remember back in the mid 90's when the Internet was new? No one had it in their homes. I remember my brother being at BYU and telling me to email him, and giving me an address with the dots and the com and the at. What the heck is this? I was so surprised and dial up rocked. It wasn't slow it was AMAZING! Now a little over 10 years later who can even tolerate dial up. We have much more important things to do than wait 1 minute for a page to load.
Some of the things I love about the Internet is I am able to shop from home in my grubbies whenever I want. Although I prefer the real stores, at times online is just better. I love that I can keep in touch with so many friends, and they can keep in touch with me. I totally need to redo my blog roll. I love that Jackie and I just found each other again after I don't know how long of not having contact. We were in the same ward from our Sophomore year on, and she is just one of the girls I know. She comes from an awesome family, and I just love her!!! She is one of the best examples to me in High School of how to be a great Daughter of God and an example to everyone. She rocks. Seriously it made my day to get a message from her on Facebook and to realize we aren't that far from each other.
Moving so far away from everyone I am able to email people and get instant responses. I love that I get offers on my home via email, hello, that is just terrific! Really the Internet has totally changed my life and how I communicate with others.
And Al Gore, you didn't invent the Internet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Love the internet too!
Once when the power went out I was panicked because I needed to look up a business phone number. It wasn't until the next day that I remembered, yes, I can still look those up in a phone book. The internet is just so darn convenient!
i love the internet...
I gave it up for 4 days, and I almost died. Seriously, it was close.
I can't imagine a nicer compliment. You are amazing, too, and I'm so glad that we are friends! I love that I can keep up to date with your life, and for that I love the internet, too.
Hey, what a surprise to see your comment on my blog...took me a minute to figure out who you were (only had the little thumbprint picture of and hello, it's been like 10 years since I've seen you!) Sounds like you just had a move, hope life is treating you well! Love your photography, you inspire me cuz I have the camera but not the time to make it really work for me...how is your family? Keep in touch,
Emmylou :)
Post a Comment