Monday, July 07, 2008

The Before and After:

We have done all but the concrete in the past 12 days!! We have been BUSY! Working hard in the yard and making this home ours. Putting our stamp on it, and making it feel like home.
This is a shot from March.. Look at the yucky bushes in front of the porch.. I hated all of it. So out it came!!

Now we have hostas, shasta daises, lilies, and dwarf rhododendrons. Next year I think it will be BEAUTIFUL!! And the porch is much more noticeable now.

The back yard. Nothing done. And the concrete stoop was like 2X5 or something lame. Check out the swing set.. the kids are in HEAVEN!!
And more of the back yard.
And the after a 14X20 concrete patio. We added flower beds, lots of pretty plants and we are loving it.

And check out my awesome garden boxes. Tomatoes, Yellow peppers, and cucumbers.

And look this one has lettuce, spinach, and carrots! We did it last Tuesday and they are already sprouting!!!! WOO HOO!!

9 comments:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Great work in the backyard! I could barely tell a difference in the front yard till I squinted at it several times, but my eye doesn't naturally distinguish that kind of thing anyway. :)

Jen said...

You guys have been busy! I love the back yard/swingset/garden. Great job! Did you build the garden boxes yourself?? We've had an awful time with something eating our garden this year so I'll be surprised if we get any fruits of our labors although we are doing our best. It all looks great!

EarlGirl said...

Beeee-utiful! Wow, all you've done is so impressive. That looks like it was a ton of work.

Lisa Christine said...

WOW!! You did some amazing work!
And where did you get that play set ? I have never seen one so huge! A double slide?? Your house must be the hit of the neighborhood.

Heather said...

WOW... lots of work, but so worth it. The results are awesome.

Dawn said...

wow good job you guys the house looks great! And love the garden can I have some too?

BradandMelanie said...

Wow, you have been busy, can you come and do our yard next? We have so much to do and we are working at it sooo slowly. It looks fabuluous!

Allison said...

Wow! I totally want to plop down in that swing out back and have a BBQ while the kids run wild in that fabulous swing set/playhouse!! I love your garden boxes. How great that you've got your seedlings up already! Enjoy your beautiful new surroundings!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful house!!

I love the backyard and the swingset.

Good job!!